WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Katadyn Hiker Pro repair

does anyone around have a hiker pro filter that isnt being used that they wouldn't mind me scrapping for repair parts for mine? dont feel like buying one brand new but there are several lil bits that need replaced and i cant find a "repair kit" from them
    " YOU'RE MAD!" "... Thank goodness for that, Because if I wasn't this would probably never work." AT thru hiker advice from CAPN jack sparrow

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

Here is the Katadyn customer service line. Maybe they can send you the replacement parts.
    800 755 6701
    Georgia Shuttling Website www.atsurvivordave.com

Images

Because retailers (rei) put the filter on sale but never the cartridges, you should be able to find parts cheap. Probably the shipping is the biggest cost. It will take me a couple of weeks, and it would help if you tell me what you don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by ARambler View Post
    Because retailers (rei) put the filter on sale but never the cartridges, you should be able to find parts cheap. Probably the shipping is the biggest cost. It will take me a couple of weeks, and it would help if you tell me what you don't need.

its the main plastic body that is cracked along the threading and below the o ring where you screw in the filter cartridge, leaks pretty bad now, only get about half the water that i actually pump and the blue collar that hold the pump piston in place has gone missing
    " YOU'RE MAD!" "... Thank goodness for that, Because if I wasn't this would probably never work." AT thru hiker advice from CAPN jack sparrow

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    its the main plastic body that is cracked along the threading and below the o ring where you screw in the filter cartridge, leaks pretty bad now, only get about half the water that i actually pump and the blue collar that hold the pump piston in place has gone missing
    Ditch the pump and use the filter to build this:

http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGe...ityFilter.html

Quote Originally Posted by take-a-knee View Post
    Ditch the pump and use the filter to build this:

http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGe...ityFilter.html

that was an EXCELLENT link...thank you kneejen

Images

I snapped off the inlet barb on my filter and they sent me a new body. I didn't even have to send the old one back.

Images

Someone snapped the plunger handle off my Hiker Pro and Katadyn sent me a new one free of charge, very quickly I might add! They were happy to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    that was an EXCELLENT link...thank you kneejen
    Thank Justjeff. He did the work to post it. I've got about 12 trail days on that filter and it works GREAT. I used a bandsaw to whittle the end of that filter away but you'd be better served with a Dremel Tool. Go slow. I used a miter saw to cut the end of the nalgene body off. It leaks a drop or two per minute from around where the cut is made in the stuff sack but not so bad you can't use it to haul water. The closure buckle on that stuff sack serves as your handle to carry it.

Images

My handle snapped as well on mine I called them up and asked about replacement parts and they told me it would be $5 easy price to pay but free is a better price. Either way I need to get off my butt and do this before my next chance to hike comes up.

++ New Posts ++