Deans Gap Stone Shelter Relocation Project
Wed. July 25 thru Sat. July 28
- Wednesday, July 25 and/or Thursday, July 26 - Brush access corridor, begin bringing pallets into site.
- Friday, July 27 - Begin stone cuts, shrink wrap and palletizing.
- Saturday, July 28 - Finish palletizing, move pallets with skid steer to flat bed truck, truck pallets to storage at Pine Grove Furnace State Park, clean up and remediate shelter site per SGL permit.
- Penn Trails will bring our summer trail crew on to the site, Wed. July 25 and/or Thu. July 26, to accomplish the brushing and bringing pallet materials to the site.
- Skip Klein said he will assist me on Wed.-Fri., so my hope is I can start disassembling the stone with the generator powered chisel hammer on Friday.
- We need five volunteers to help palletize stone, assist with loading and then unloading, plus myself and the equipment operator, to accomplish the work tasks as outlined above for Saturday, July 28. Plan on the shelter site work to take about 6 hours. Then, the drive to Pine Grove Furnace iwll take about 45 minutes. Unloading and storage will take about 45 minutes and require the operator, myself and one or two other folks. As of today (July 22), I have heard from two people (below) who have indicated they will help to palletize the stone, assist loading to the flatbed and then unload at Pine Grove Furnace State Park.
- Rob Halstead
- Ron Bungay
- Rob and Ron ~ Many thanks!!!!
- Jim, Karen, Larry, Robert, please see if you can raise three more volunteers please.~ VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Folks working on Saturday should plan to meet, per the schedule below, at the intersection of Deans Gap Road and Mountain Road.
- I will arrive at approx. 0845 with the Penske flatbed, as I cannot pick it up until 0800.
- Skidsteer and operator will probably arrive around 0900.
- Karen will arrive at the base of Dean Gap Road and intersection of Mountain Road, to meet volunteers at 0830.
- 8:30am - continental breakfast for volunteers, coordinated by Karen.
2:30 pm - lunch, coordinated by Karen
all day long - water, powerade, cold fresh fruit, and snacks, coordinated by Karen
Karen is also going to handle documenting the project and I believe have someone to do video as well.
- My contact info this week is; email@example.com and 717.253.0141 (cell)
- A FEW VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED ~ CONTACT: Larry Knutson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-253-0104 cell
HAPPY TRAILS !