This is my first post, so bear with me as i figure out the pictures,
but i decided to make a top quilt to use while camping with my girl for a few reasons:
it saves weight,
it better reflects how we sleep at home,
and mostly because it was fun !
project took about 12 hours (4 sat 8 on sun) or working casually...
The big achievement i wanted as a fully differential baffle design in which i decided to go with triangle shaped interlocking baffles. reason being if one blows, it is somewhat self sealing as the down in the two overlapping baffles fills in the space quite nicely. like the baffles in a Neo-Air...
also, no mesh netting etc, the whole thing will be made of three differentiated lengths of momentum XP... that way if a baffle blows the inside is just as strong. Additionally the two layers of baffles will be seperated by a highly water resistance fabric instead of mesh, so if either condensation from the tent walls OR our perspiration become a problem, the other baffled side will remain unaffected. like a vapor barrier through the middle of the tent.
to end product looked pretty spiffy:
a glimpse at the baffle design to give a bit of an idea:
for the edges i used pinking shears to prevent fraying then used a rolled flatlock stitching around for a tailored affect, also i pleated the baffles to give easier loft:
k lots more to come if this works: