WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Spanky MEPA '02, MEGA '08 spanky's Avatar

Default Spanky hitting the E.C.T. on behalf of the American Father

Hello hikers! I am making preparations to hike the E.C.T. from Canada to Key West, FL beginning May 1st, 2005. I am hiking on behalf of the American father and the role he plays in his family's life.
    Because of unforseen restraints, I was force to delay my hike until May. I was originally supposed to hike the A.T. in June of this last year. Anyways, what do I need from you?

1. I need "Great Father Stories" from you. If you have a fond memory of a special time with dad, e-mail me your story in 500 words or less. Several international media outlets (84 as of today) have picked up my story and are following it. This is a great opportunity for the rest of the world to see what a great bunch of people we long distance hikers are!

2. I need supply donations and/or "zero day" places to go! Would any of you along the E.C.T., A.T. or FNST be willing to accomadate me for a day?

Please, feel free to email me or visit the "Above the Clouds" website! Go to http:www.abovetheclouds.cc

As "Chlorox" so aptly put it on my A.T. hike in 2002:

"You have only two things to remember- keep one foot in front of the other and it is your hike, do it your way!"

Long Trail '04
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by spanky
    Hello hikers! I am making preparations to hike the E.C.T. from Canada to Key West, FL beginning May 1st, 2005. I am hiking on behalf of the American father and the role he plays in his family's life.

As "Chlorox" so aptly put it on my A.T. hike in 2002:

"You have only two things to remember- keep one foot in front of the other and it is your hike, do it your way!"
    Spanky,
    I think my buddy and I met you on the top of Greylock in 2002. You were all fired up! You totally pumped us up. You've got some serious hikes under your belt. Best of luck with the ECT.

Spanky MEPA '02, MEGA '08 spanky's Avatar

Default Mt. Greylock and Beyond....

Wow! I remember you guys! It clicked in my head when you said you were Savage Llama. I remembered laughing at the originality of your moniker back then too!

(I actually had the joy of seeing my cocky teenage daughter get spit in the face, despite my warnings, from a "Savage Llama up on Huts Mountain, Clayton, Georgia. I laughed until my cheeks locked up!)

Thanks for the great encouragement! Would you mind me quoting you on my Hike4Fathers website?

I hope to run into you again someday! It was a wonderful experience and I sure was the richer for all the great memories of folks I met along the way!

Whooieee.... keep hiking man!

Spanky
    "Came from somewhere and leaving there too...."

tideblazer
    Images

nice web site
    www.ridge2reef.org -Organic Tropical Farm, Farm Stays, Group Retreats.... Trail life in the Caribbean

Long Trail '04
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by spanky
    Wow! I remember you guys! It clicked in my head when you said you were Savage Llama. I remembered laughing at the originality of your moniker back then too!

Thanks for the great encouragement! Would you mind me quoting you on my Hike4Fathers website?
    Spanky,

Great website. I'd be honored to be quoted. I'll never forget slogging up Greylock after that torrential storm the night before and being kinda bummed out that the trail was a muddy stream and we were cold and wet, but you were so fired up that it put us back in good spirits.

This picture of you on Greylock must've been taken right before we met:
    http://www.abovetheclouds.cc/2codytower.jpg

Funny story on your daughter. Let her know that us llamas are usually pretty docile, it's just every now and then that we get a little savage.

I do hope we cross paths again. And with all the hiking you do, it's probably very likely!

Best of luck in your quest. I'll be checking back for your progress come May. Keep that great attitude and there's no doubt in my mind that you'll make it.

May the trail rise up to meet ya...
    -Savage Llama

++ New Posts ++