WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Not knowing the facts vs a Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Lilredmg
    Just for the record, I didn't read it. After the first couple of lines, I saw clearly that you are on a rant.
    Then you misquote yourself... You state that I tell people how to live their lives... Please show and tell me where I've told someone how to live their life. If anything, I told people to live their life the way they want, as long as they respect other people's space and property. All I'm asking is, if you want to tell me to "Get a life"... then read what I'm talking about and know what the issue is which is being talked about. My post might sound like a rant, however, you not knowing the facts or issues does not do wonders for your standing in making a creditable statement.....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JillJones
    Then you misquote yourself... You state that I tell people how to live their lives... Please show and tell me where I've told someone how to live their life. If anything, I told people to live their life the way they want, as long as they respect other people's space and property. All I'm asking is, if you want to tell me to "Get a life"... then read what I'm talking about and know what the issue is which is being talked about. My post might sound like a rant, however, you not knowing the facts or issues does not do wonders for your standing in making a creditable statement.....

LOLOL I read your first rant on another thread. Didn't need to read the second one on this thread to know what you were talking about. I also don't need to read what you wrote to understand that when one goes on and on and on and on about the same issues, that it's a rant. "Get a life" refers to the fact that you won't let go of it. You even posted, in red, that, and I quote:

"I will continue to post these comments and questions to you until either you answer or retract them."

Hard to miss something that is highlighted in red. Need the attention that bad?

Do us all a favor, leave Blue Jay alone and <<cough, cough>> get a life.

I apologize to everyone else for continuing this unnecessary dialogue. I'm finished with this nonsense.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Default Just a big cop out...

LOLOL I read your first rant on another thread. Didn't need to read the second one on this thread to know what you were talking about. I also don't need to read what you wrote to understand that when one goes on and on and on and on about the same issues, that it's a rant. "Get a life" refers to the fact that you won't let go of it. You even posted, in red, that, and I quote:

"I will continue to post these comments and questions to you until either you answer or retract them."

Hard to miss something that is highlighted in red. Need the attention that bad?

Do us all a favor, leave Blue Jay alone and <<cough, cough>> get a life.

I apologize to everyone else for continuing this unnecessary dialogue. I'm finished with this nonsense.
    I would have to agree my opening statement is long. It’s difficult to keep it short when you want to get a point across. However, in my effort to explain and make a point, I realize, there are people who lose interest in what the post is even about. Either due to time constraints, a lack of interest in the subject, or in their honest opinion it might sound like a rant.

Basically I was trying to say two things.

Someone said, they would be thrilled if the Hells Angels were on the trail.

So, would you be thrilled if the Hell’s Angels were on the trail, showed up at a shelter you were staying in or just running into them on the trail?

I ran into problems with a few groups of hikers who due to abuse of alcohol and drug use, made staying in the shelters not a very pleasant experience. So my point was, how do you deal with it? When does it become too much? Is there a place where you said, this is ok but this is not? Personal safety and wisdom of what and when to say it all comes into play.

So there’s the short version of this thread…

However, you not reading and feeling the need to defend Blue Jay is LOL as well. It seems you have had just as hard a time letting this go so I’m sure you can understand as the ignore button is at your disposal. However, why can’t you just answer a simple question? Do you agree with Blue Jay that Hells Angles would be great.. I read one of your posts where you were worried about your personal safety when you were going to do a section hike. So don’t say one thing and then another…. I don't need the attention I can promise you that... However, your failure to just answer a simple question shows your lack of concern...

Default Cough Cough

I also don't need to read what you wrote to understand that when one goes on and on and on and on about the same issues, that it's a rant.
    Just a quick note. I had asked you a question in the previous post to show me where I’m telling someone how to live their life. You made the statement, so back it up with a fact, or a quote from me. You’ve jumped into something you didn’t know what it is about and made assumptions. Now that you were asked a question and asked to back it up, you avoided it to make it sound like it’s a problem of mine, and then, << cough, cough >> say, “get a life”… Come on… You’re a teacher… I would expect you to do your homework. Sorry, but you get << cough, cough >> an F for lack of effort…

Default A Clarification..

when one goes on and on and on and on about the same issues, that it's a rant. "Get a life" refers to the fact that you won't let go of it. You even posted, in red, that, and I quote:

Hard to miss something that is highlighted in red.

When I stated, “I will continue to post these comments and questions to you until you answer or retract them has to do with Blue Jay not answering a simple question. Every time he answers one of my posts, he avoids what was asked of him… (Sort of what you’ve been doing) So to make it easy on my part, instead of letting him go off onto something else, I made that statement and put it in red in the hope he would see it’s not going to go away with a smart ass remark. Instead of having to rewrite something else and do a tap dance with him every time, I was just going to copy and paste the 2 questions...

Rocket GA->ME '04
    Images

JillJones, I think that out of 25 posts here, about half are yours. It's not much of a discussion if it goes on this way. Although you may bring up some valid discussion topics, the whole thing with Blue Jay is getting ridiculous and is best forgotten, or else dealt with privately.

As for the topics of safety, yeah, I understand your point about not speaking up on the spot. Which of course means little because I wasn't there to see the situation you found yourself in to give an opinion on whether or not there was an apparent threat. So most people would probably agree in general on the safety issue, but nobody can have much of an opinion on a situation that they didn't witness and is being described differently by 2 people who were there and are directly involved.

Default I tend to agree

Quote Originally Posted by rocket04
    JillJones, I think that out of 25 posts here, about half are yours. It's not much of a discussion if it goes on this way. Although you may bring up some valid discussion topics, the whole thing with Blue Jay is getting ridiculous and is best forgotten, or else dealt with privately.

As for the topics of safety, yeah, I understand your point about not speaking up on the spot. Which of course means little because I wasn't there to see the situation you found yourself in to give an opinion on whether or not there was an apparent threat. So most people would probably agree in general on the safety issue, but nobody can have much of an opinion on a situation that they didn't witness and is being described differently by 2 people who were there and are directly involved.
    I would have to agree with you. I had said last week, it was getting far beyond the point of useless and time-consuming chatter. It’s easy to get caught up in it. As far as dealing with Blue Jay privately, to be honest, I really don’t think would do much good. From the lack of interest, and my inability to keep it brief has not made me a lot of friends. I think, putting him on my ignore list is the simple and much more productive move. However, thanks for your few simple, wise words, which speak volumes. There are no winners here. Everyone loses when it becomes a shout match and an important topic is left by the wayside. I’m not trying to past blame, for it was I who jumped on this band wagon a few weeks ago with a post in which I let some of my emotions get in the way of rational thought…

Default Another one for the ignore list???...

....Just a few thoughts....I read Seraphim's trailjournal....seemed like she didn't hike the entire trail....so what?....she did seem to party alot....so what?.....did she bother you?....you should have said something, for example: Excuse me, your partying is bothering me. I don't mind you youngsters whoopin' it up and carryin' on and all, but there is such a thing as trail etiquette...etc.etc.etc. Waiting so long to nail her here....I've not seen Seraphim post until recently, this probably sparked your enthusiasm....should you call her and her posse out on their behavior?.... ABSOLUTELY.....she obviously pissed you off, you need to let go of your frustrations with her: VENT IT, don't be afraid to just let it all gush: whine, moan, complain, confront, bitch, piss, appologise....you aren't the only one to do that on this forum.

One question I have: Someone sent you a PrivateMessage which you quoted. Shouldn't private messages be kept as such: private? I think you may have violated a code of etiquette of your own here by publicly reporting something assumed to be private by another member....

What do you think?

Geeez, I don't know any Angels but I do know some Chosen Few from out the midwest way. 20,000$ bike, or more, 7-3:30 job at a manufacturing job or cereal plant and your scared of them. If anyone walks to shelter, and ok maybe not the ones close to a road crossing, as we know of those problems already, they are surely welcome. Your average biker, person, anyone who doesn;t normally hike much doesn't as a rule have a whole lot of energy for ruckuss making.. In fact I am sure the persence of some "colors", which they would never fly, might cut down on some of this rowdiness. It must be a long ride to Ronkonkama, an hour or so I would guess on the LIRR. We all need to get over this fainty of classifying people by sight or description. Looks are especially deceiving on the trail. Half of the people I have met hiking really do look quite scary. Huge Bowie knifes, to no gear. The no gear people get me to thinking quite a bit. A 250 pound 50 year old bearded guy sounds like half the people i have met on the trail. Good luck on your hike.
    "you ain't settin your sights to high son, but if you want to follow in my tracks I'll help ya up the trail some."

Rooster Cogburn.

Default Helluva idea!

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf
    It looks good now. REAL BIG LIKE. I'll stay tuned for more "As Whiteblaze Turns".
    I thoughts Marines don't watch any soaps?
    You watch "As the Trail Turns" and "As Whiteblaze Turns"!
    Blue Jay watches "As My Stomach Turns"
    I prefer "Days of Our Blaze"

After reading this thread, who will get the girl, MS or Neo? (just kidding)

ATTROLL needs to consider producing a show with Top as the director.
    a.k.a CHOP-CHOP

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel bait
    Geeez, I don't know any Angels but I do know some Chosen Few from out the midwest way. 20,000$ bike, or more, 7-3:30 job at a manufacturing job or cereal plant and your scared of them. If anyone walks to shelter, and ok maybe not the ones close to a road crossing, as we know of those problems already, they are surely welcome. Your average biker, person, anyone who doesn;t normally hike much doesn't as a rule have a whole lot of energy for ruckuss making.. In fact I am sure the persence of some "colors", which they would never fly, might cut down on some of this rowdiness. It must be a long ride to Ronkonkama, an hour or so I would guess on the LIRR. We all need to get over this fainty of classifying people by sight or description. Looks are especially deceiving on the trail. Half of the people I have met hiking really do look quite scary. Huge Bowie knifes, to no gear. The no gear people get me to thinking quite a bit. A 250 pound 50 year old bearded guy sounds like half the people i have met on the trail. Good luck on your hike.
    Excellent post. Who cares what they do and the reputation that preceeds them. My dad used to be in a wild biker club after the Nam years and I have spent alot of time with his old friends (who still ride in clubs). And I also have been in biker bars, sometimes on a regular basis, which Hell's Angel's were present from time to time. Wanna know what happens? Usually they buy me a beer after shooting a game of pool. Also, I ride a bike, and if I were to join a club, would that prohibit me from enjoying a trail? I really don't understand the point.
    a.k.a CHOP-CHOP

Wow, I'm in a huge argument and I didn't even know it. You can stop worrying Jill, I clearly said all the bikers I know are not interested in hiking and Harleys (except for the 883, which they don't ride) make terrible off road bikes. You brought the Angels up, not me. Since I do not feel the need to defend bikers and your attacks on my fellow thru have ended, you can stop now. We understand your points.

Default Now lets let it go...

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji
    ....Just a few thoughts....I read Seraphim's trailjournal....seemed like she didn't hike the entire trail....so what?....she did seem to party alot....so what?.....did she bother you?....you should have said something, for example: Excuse me, your partying is bothering me. I don't mind you youngsters whoopin' it up and carryin' on and all, but there is such a thing as trail etiquette...etc.etc.etc. Waiting so long to nail her here....I've not seen Seraphim post until recently, this probably sparked your enthusiasm....should you call her and her posse out on their behavior?.... ABSOLUTELY.....she obviously pissed you off, you need to let go of your frustrations with her: VENT IT, don't be afraid to just let it all gush: whine, moan, complain, confront, bitch, piss, appologise....you aren't the only one to do that on this forum.

One question I have: Someone sent you a PrivateMessage which you quoted. Shouldn't private messages be kept as such: private? I think you may have violated a code of etiquette of your own here by publicly reporting something assumed to be private by another member....

What do you think?
    I’ve said this now about 2 or 3 times. As far as Seraphims goes, I’ve written her both an apology both in an open forum and in a private message. Seraphim has nothing to do with this anymore, and you’re right, who cares if she or anyone hikes the whole trail. That’s their business. I’ve said over and over, I don’t care if they party. The time and place to do it is the question. Would a single female feel safe doing it? That was the question. I did vent it, moan, complain, confront and all the rest. I went on way to long with it after a few people decided to jump in and try and make it out to be something else. I tried to make a point to these people, (Blue Jay mostly) and found it’s like trying to make a pig sing. The pig will never sing and it just pisses him off in the process. Yes, lets let it go and move on. I’ve said lets find answers and solutions. I’m not saying I did it perfect. There is no edit button here. I have to live with what I write.

As far as the Private Messages sent to me goes. I should have sent them to Sgt Rock and let him deal with it. The messages were not (I take it you did not read what he said) wishing me a Merry Christmas. White Oak posted a message in an open forum to me, which is fine. However, he decided to also write unwanted explicit sexual messages. I decided to put it out there for others to see what a low life he was… I don’t feel that’s violating any code of etiquette. Sexual harassment, threats of violence should be exposed and reported. That is what I did. I will send them to Sgt Rock and let him deal with it as well.

I know time has not allowed you to read all the posts, which have to do with this argument and how it got started. I understand and realize most people don’t have the time. I know I can’t keep up with every thread going on here. However, thanks for your input and insight into this matter. Once again. It’s over…. I’m only answering these posts here and closing it then, as it’s not making a difference.

Default Lets let it go..

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay
    Wow, I'm in a huge argument and I didn't even know it. You can stop worrying Jill, I clearly said all the bikers I know are not interested in hiking and Harleys (except for the 883, which they don't ride) make terrible off road bikes. You brought the Angels up, not me. Since I do not feel the need to defend bikers and your attacks on my fellow thru have ended, you can stop now. We understand your points.
    I agree, lets end it, as no one is going to win this debate and White Blaze and new hikers are the ones who are hurt in the process. I would ask others to let this die out and let it go as well.

The Hills are Alive with the sound of Music.

Default I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jay
    The Hills are Alive with the sound of Music.
    You can sing and I guess it didn't piss you off... A joke and not a slam or insult. So, I hope we can move on and fine much better things to talk about....

yeah like bibles in shelters...my favorite topic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++