WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by tuswm View Post
    I measured it un inflated and it was 27" FYI
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeman View Post
    That would make it about 21" wide when inflated.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuswm View Post
    hdsjahfjkdhsafjdsahlfkds
    27" wide when un-inflated minus 2.8" per side = roughly 21".

Images

I have a pro lite plus as well. I will be taking a neo. I got it for $45 at the REI garage sale. But My GF is taking the UL7. She used her REI cupon and dividend. I would also choose that if the cost was similar.

Also i was at REI over the weekend and the neoair was on sale but if you are a member you can use your coupon to get the ul7 at the same price. I do think it is a better pad.
    "you cant grow old if you never grow up" ~TUswm

Images

Hey check out what someone just sent me........

http://gearguru.com.ua/2011/05/exped...a-rest-neoair/

Images

bump............

Default Exped UL7

I bought an Exped UL 7 last month for $84 and I cannot find the link now. I've not used it yet but seems comfy and warm. It is replacing a Therma-rest 1" self-inflating pad that is the same weight but only 20" x 66" whereas the new pad is 20" x 72".

I'm mainly a side sleeper and as I get older the new inflatables are attractive. No less weight than my old pad but should be warmer and a little better sleeping on.

Never tried the NeoAir so I'm not of much help in that department.

Images

I got the perfect size Neoair all season by getting the large and using the video cut it down. It now measures 25x65 and with BA pump stuff sack comes in at 21.7 ozs. of pure comfort!

I offered my personal experience to a user of an insulated inflatable pad who started a thread where she said that she was cold at pressure points (not her words, mine) while using her insulated/inflatable pad. The R value is based upon the entire thickness of the pad. Where your body compresses it, it will be lower. Often, when you sit up and the pad is completely compressed beneath your butt, it will be zero. Using a piece of closed cell foam at the hip pressure point helps. On top of the pad it is more efficient than beneath.
    I used a Stephenson down-filled pad extensively in the 1980s and 1990s.

Btw: I realize that, grammatically, it should be "an user", but I won't comply with the rules of English because I don't want to in this case (unlike most Americans ).
    Last edited by Tinker; 01-18-2012 at 14:52.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Hike smarter, not harder.

Quote Originally Posted by kevperro View Post
    I bought an Exped UL 7 last month for $84 and I cannot find the link now. I've not used it yet but seems comfy and warm. It is replacing a Therma-rest 1" self-inflating pad that is the same weight but only 20" x 66" whereas the new pad is 20" x 72".

I'm mainly a side sleeper and as I get older the new inflatables are attractive. No less weight than my old pad but should be warmer and a little better sleeping on.

Never tried the NeoAir so I'm not of much help in that department.
    That was a deal from Bivouac Outdoors in New Zealand. I bought 2, so I got free shipping. And I got it faster (and tax free) than if I had ordered it from REI (another reason not to use them)

I can't believe someone on WB would imply that a Thermarest product was not the greatest in the world. I mean, it is one of the "insider" products, like the Campmor bag, and the Pocket Rocket, and the Hubba Hubba, and..............
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy of PA View Post
    I got the perfect size Neoair all season by getting the large and using the video cut it down. It now measures 25x65 and with BA pump stuff sack comes in at 21.7 ozs. of pure comfort!
    Does anyone know if you can cut down the new Neoair XLite? I have purchased a large to get the 25" width and plan to cut it to about 50" or so.

Can I jump in here with a thought about another UL pad. I've looked, probably missed other threads on the Klymit Inertia X or XL pad. It's light, easy to use, supposed to be comfortable, either inside or beneath your sleeping bag. Pretty radical concept, but the reviews are quite good. Just saw an X on ebay for $90, so the price is at or lower than the others. I have the Neo short, which is also UL (9.0), simple, but for the same weight you could get a full lenght with Klymit. Before the Neo, I have used the BA Aircore for years.. love it, but realize I can get the same level of comfort at a much lower weight.

So, has anyone tried them out, like them, not like them, have an opinion?
    "How can something this hard be so much fun".

So, I did some WB thread search & found the earlier (2010) initial discussions on the Klymit Inertia. All very good, but that was at the introduction of this new design, so I'd still be interested in knowing what everyone has found or thinks since then...
    "How can something this hard be so much fun".

I am trying to figure out what size Exped UL7 pad I should get, the medium or the large. I am 5' 11" tall, 240 lbs. The large is 77" long and the medium is 72" long. I think the medium will be fine but I want to see what other hikers that are my size have chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by bert304 View Post
    I am trying to figure out what size Exped UL7 pad I should get, the medium or the large. I am 5' 11" tall, 240 lbs. The large is 77" long and the medium is 72" long. I think the medium will be fine but I want to see what other hikers that are my size have chosen.
    I'm the same height, with very broad shoulders, and I have a medium. It is plenty long enough, and if your sleeping quarters are long enough you can rig up whatever you are using for head support to be just past the edge of the pad, effectively making it longer. For width, though, I would seriously consider getting a large if I were going to be sleeping on it every night for an extended period. The weight penalty would be worth it to me.

Excellent review and great info for those looking to purchase. I have both the Exped Synmat UL 7 and BA Insulated Air Core, both great pads, I use the the Exped for long hikes and use the BA for short hikes to save wear and tear on the Exped.

Also don't forget this post is 3 years old. There are many new pads out there science then to look at.

Since .......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++