Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

exofficio is a good brand for your underwear. You could always go commando too.

Stay away from the Ex-Officios with lace. The lace disintegrates quickly...

Default ha

Forget them, they only lead to sweaty discomfort.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I bought some exofficio underwear and didn't carry any spare pairs. I could rinse them out and wear them dry. I hiked the PCT where the air is drier, though.
    Big thumbs up on the ExOfficio travel underwear. Their boyshort cut are great and wash/dry in a flash. I carry two pair when I'm out for a while. Wear one, wash one.

On a search for good hiking underwear. I bought a pair of ExOfficio's and they fit well and perform great! However, I just heard about a brand called "Dear Kates" (www.dearkates.com).

Here's a quick description from the website: "Dear Kate undies are made of fabric that has 3 distinct layers to keep you protected. The inner layers wick away and absorb fluids, while the outer layer traps and prevents leaks so you’re kept feeling comfortable and confident. Our breathable, leak resistant panties make embarrassing stains a thing of the past! Dear Kates are designed to replace your pantyliner for the light days, or to worn with your regular pad/tampon routine as backup protection."

Supposedly the liner can hold up to 3tsps of liquid, are very stain resistant, leak resistant, wicking. This sounds awesome to me because I tend to wear a panty liner to help absorb any sweat or leftovers from popping a squat or if I'm spotting, which keeps my pants clean and dry. They have a sport-specific style. Haven't seen anything as to if they dry quick. Has anyone heard of these or tried them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Cables View Post
    One to wear and a spare plus panty liners. Change the liners as often as you need keep the panties wearable longer.
    +1. Thin "U" by Kotex stick GREAT even with wet, sweaty underwear.

My fave are the nylon/spandex blend from victoria's secret. They % nylon and % spandex of those are the same as some patagonia one's but $15 cheaper.

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Okay, so I've heard of wearing guys underwear to make using a pstyl easier. Has anyone done than and if so, what brand of guys did you wear?'
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

I wear womens compression shorts. I have two pair so I can cycle them out. They are INSANELY comfortable. I had to pull the waistband up a little higher than I was used to in order to keep my packs hipbelt from pinching painfully, but then I wear lo-rise at home anyway so it's no big deal. I like the nike pro line but underarmour has good stuff, too.

Kill two birds with one stone. I alternated between a danskin one piece (tank top), and a comfy bathing suit.

I definitely agree about the "cotton at night time." Not only cotton underwear, but also a cotton top - even a tank!

I went commando on my thru. The hiking pants I wore were not tight fitting so it wasn't necessary to wash them out every night. When I noticed they were getting dirty I would wash with soap and water at night and they would dry by morning. I wore a patagonia barely there every day bra and loved it!

Has anyone found longer length shorts style underwear to help prevent chaffing?

I understand Under Armor compression shorts can prevent chafing of upper thighs.

I have no experience to back that up.

Ex-Officio men's boxers under a kilt. You don't even know you are wearing anything!
    Demeter's Blog

Demeter's Video Channel

"What is a weed? A plant who's virtues have not yet been discovered" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images

I love this thread !! I can't believe there weren't more jokes.... ie

Boxers or Briefs? Depends..... Anybody wearing Depends? Sorry....
    Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
    Albert Einstein

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=18107

http://www.soffe.com/mens/military/a...nyln-m020.html

Good to hike in, wear underneath as undergarments, sleep in, etc.

I bought 2 pairs of cheap synthetic undies from Target and wore one/washed one every night. I'd love to try exofficio but $17 per pair is a bit pricey for a trial run!!

Also, baby wipes are your best friend.

I bring 2-3 pairs and wash them on the trail. You can dry them by wrapping them in your camp towel overnight. I use mesh synthetic underwear that dries quickly. I use 1 bra (no need for another).-Wing wing

Is it considered bad form to hang your underwear on the outside of your pack to dry during the day?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++