WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bird312 View Post
    I'll probably need another pair by then anyway lol. What about the south states, I've never hiked the northern ones, but I hear they have alot of rocks. Maybe I could get by with the mesh till then. Just sayin'
    The Badrocks would be perfect for the south. The outfitter in Manchester Center has a decent shoe selection. Got a pair of Hardrocks there that only lasted til Monson . I had a pair of Keen Voyageur sent there and they lasted for the end of the trip and for a year or so after with plenty of hiking post trail. The NH and ME terrain involves a lot of climbing over boulders so you end up beating the hell out of your shoes and with the water crossings. Vermont you may have torrential rain if you are going through in June/ July

NOBO toBennington, VT plus 187 mi in MH & ME
    Images

followup to the Badrocks experience.

Mine had 3 months of break in practice hikes (all on sidewalks or flat florida sand trails and two weeks of At hiking.

At that point, the mesh had started to tear along the seams and the heel wore through completely.

Apparently, the soft sole compound which gives good grip also gives poor life.

I won't be buying any more Montrails. They have used up all the good rep that the Hardrocks earned them. There are too many other competing brands out there.
    Grinder
    AT hiker : It's the journey, not the destination

NOBO toBennington, VT plus 187 mi in MH & ME
    Images

Please ignore the last post. It turns out I was wearing one of my old pair of Hardrocks. As they say in espanol "IDIOTA!!!"

It remains to be seen how long they last.

Later

redfaced
    Grinder
    AT hiker : It's the journey, not the destination

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++