The methanol thread keeps coming up over and over.
Yes it is metabolized and the body naturally can deal with small (trace) amounts that you might get from incidental contact/fumes. Drink it - you die. Allow someone else to get a hold of your methanol and accidentally drink it - even worse - so be sure to label well.
I doubt the fumes from a burning stove are worse from methanol than ethanol. Alcohol stoves burn very efficiently so not much unburned fuel should be released. I would think that carbon monoxide from partially burned fuel is the real problem there, and that can be just as much a problem with ethanol. So don't burn your stove indoors.
BTW, Nutra Sweet is a methyl ester of a dipeptide, so when that is hydrolyzed, you produce methanol. It's not a big deal since you only produce milligram (maybe microgram) amounts.