Just got this in my email:
Interactive PATC Trail Maps at your fingertips.
Recognized as a leader in hiking trail maps by outdoor enthusiasts, the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club (PATC) has teamed with International Mapping to develop the PATC Shenandoahmobile iOS application. PATC Shenandoahencompasses map titles 9, 10, and 11 from the printed PATC map series, covering the entire Shenandoah National Park area. In addition to the high quality PATC trail maps that the hiking community has come to love and trust, International Mapping has surrounded these maps with a wide variety of user friendly navigational tools and personal customization features to help make a trip to Shenandoah National Park more enjoyable and memorable.
Key Content Features:
- Full content of PATC Maps 9, 10 and 11
- Photos and descriptions for dozens of key locations throughout the park
- Points of Interest listings for over 1,000 locations in and around Shenandoah National Park
Key Features Include:
- GPS tracking of your location, even without WiFi or cell reception
- Map tools including distance, bearing and compass
- Customized pins to record photos, comments, and locations along your hike
- Detailed search capabilities by nearby locations and by type
- Identify an exact Latitude/Longitude or UTM Coordinate with a point location tool
- iPhone (3GS or later)/iPad compatible
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later
Of course, it's limited to Shenandoah and iOS, but for you iPhone users looking for a way to support the PATC....
More details here.