WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default live webcam of black bear due to give birth

someone forwarded me this link showing webcam of a blackbear den with mom ready to give birth !!
    http://www.bear.org/livecams/jewel-den-cam.php

Springer to Elk Park, NC/Andover to Katahdin
    Images

I have been following the bear.org web cams for two years now and following the bears after they give birth and leave the dens. It is very interesting and eye opening. It can also be sad as these bears are not protected during hunting season. The first bear that I was able to witness being born to Lily and was able to follow for over a year was killed this last hunting season.
    I am not young enough to know everything.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMark View Post
    I have been following the bear.org web cams for two years now and following the bears after they give birth and leave the dens. It is very interesting and eye opening. It can also be sad as these bears are not protected during hunting season. The first bear that I was able to witness being born to Lily and was able to follow for over a year was killed this last hunting season.
    I totally agree - I am constantly running into bears and to bear hunters and their dogs - I am cautious of them both - careful not to make eye contact but not to turn and run - I am much more afraid of the bear hunter than the bear -- being a winter / off-season backpacker (a lot of the time) I see some stuff that some folks don't get to see - bears in NC don't really seem to be sleeping through the winter - I saw lots of bear tracks around TN this past weekend. Heard the hounds too.

Images

jewel gave birth to 2 maybe 3 bubs this am:http://www.bear.org/livecams/jewel-den-cam.php

++ New Posts ++