WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Family to hike Appalachian Trail - WLFI.com

Family to hike Appalachian Trail
    WLFI.com
    The Rainwaters are preparing to hike the Appalachian Trail. The Appalachian Trail runs from Springer Mountain in Georgia all the way up to Mount Katahdin in Maine. Lisa Rainwater said her family is up for the challenge. "We're just the average family ...
    Appalachian Trail takes hiking to extremesThe Coloradoan

all 2 news articles »

More...

I see this family has left the trail already, instead deciding on "traveling the US to some places we have always wanted to visit."

Maybe they needed to go to a wedding or sumthin'likethat

Quote Originally Posted by Skid. View Post
    I see this family has left the trail already, instead deciding on "traveling the US to some places we have always wanted to visit."

AT 11,000 Miler
    Images

Interesting. Less than two months ago their dream was to hike the whole AT. I wonder what happened?

Images

It must be especially difficult to successfully complete a family thru-hike. If just one person is not having fun, then you all will not be having fun. I think the Rainwaters made the right decision to focus on what is best for everyone in the family. They hiked 350+ miles together on the AT and from their blog it looks like they went into this as a team and still work together as a team. That makes it a successful family hike in my eyes. Now they are moving on to make memories of a different kind. My best to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blue View Post
    Interesting. Less than two months ago their dream was to hike the whole AT. I wonder what happened?
    No doubt they found hiking with 2 youngish kids wasn't as easy as they thought it would be. It's not often that dreams and reality coinside.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Makes me wonder if they gave back the "donations".
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    Quote from Facebook page:
    For those that have supported our hike we will be making a donation to the Appalachian Trail Conservancy. Peace and love

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post

Their website doesn't say how much will be donated back, although it appears that they have not revised it yet, and people can still donate.

Images

A young family of 4 hiking the AT. I think they made it 340 miles more than I would have thought they would. I checked there list of things they want to see in the US0fA, I want to come with them.

Problem is, people look at the likes of trailjournals.com and only see thru hikers smiling in all those posted pictures and figure hiking the trail is a cake walk- Wrong!

Well at least they tried......
    Last edited by Spokes; 05-05-2012 at 13:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    Problem is people look at the likes of trailjournals.com and only see thru hikers smiling in all those posted pictures and figure hiking the trail is a cake walk- Wrong!

Well at least they tried......

I really agree with this statement. Hikers need to hear about the endless rain; the STEEP, rocky, and muddy trail; the blistered feet; the mice in the shelters, backpacks, and tents; the snakes; the humidity; etc. And then if we STILL want to hike the trail - God bless us, but we will definitely have a better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    Quote from Facebook page:
    For those that have supported our hike we will be making a donation to the Appalachian Trail Conservancy. Peace and love
    It needs to be everything that was given to them IMHO. Kind of shady otherwise if you ask me.

++ New Posts ++