I woke up today with a revelation of sorts:

It dawned on me that the gout symptoms I've been increasingly bothered with (more frequency the longer I've had the condition) began happening

right after I was prescribed Lisinopril for high blood pressure. My pressure wasn't really that high, averaging around 145-50/90, but it was consistently high, so my doctor prescribed

Lisinopril. Shortly after taking the medication (within a month) I had my first-ever gout attack. About a month later I had another, then 6 months after that, another. I am recovering from my 5th or 6th episode right now.

Anyhoo.........................(that's what my mom says - she's 89 years old and allowed to be cute )

I went on line first thing this morning and typed in Lisinopril and Gout as key search words. BANG! - up pop numerous headings linking Lisinopril and Gout.

I'm considering dropping the Lisinopril and going after a healthy diet and more regular exercise (daily walking or bike riding) to see if I can drop my blood pressure naturally.

Heck, I've already cut out beer, bacon, ham, sausage, turkey, codfish, spinach, and just about everything which is implicated in triggering gout attacks.

I've always eaten (since adulthood, anyway) whole grain bread and bran muffins.

I think I need to increase the intake of fruits and vegetables and stay away from the red meats.

I'll let you know how it works out.