WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: PB + Chocolate

Images

Default PB + Chocolate

Was browsing the local wallyworld and found individually foil packed "Dark Chocolate Dreams", a peanut butter and dark chocolate blend. Claims to be all natural and vegan friendly. Each packet weighed in at 1.3 oz and it's only $0.68 per packet... the cashier made fun of me for buying about 10 packets. Got home and tried, have to say it's like eating a liquid PB cup.

Just FYI

Images

I'll definitely have to check these out.

I'll try one out of the pouch, then maybe dunk one in boiling water for a bit, see how it tastes as a "warm beverage".

Images

It's not all that inexpensive, as you'd still be well over $10 a day if you were eating about 2 pounds a day.

So is this like a squeeze pouch? Maybe a picture? I am not going to google "dark chocolate dreams". I hope you can imagine what the results would turn up.

Images

I found these on Amazon (I'm feeling dangerous with Google today), is that the same thing?

Yes, the ones you found on Amazon are one and the same as those available at Wallyworld. I picked up a box of 10 a few months ago and when taking a break I squeezed a bag out onto some crackers. Excellent!

Images

Yup, the ones on amazon.com are the same. It is a little squeeze pouch (see pic on the above link). I never thought of heating them up, great idea! And leaftye... you much really like PB to eat 2 lbs a day! They're not super cheap, but they're small and light and good for a meal or two versus the entire jar.

Another brand is Justin's Nut Butter - chocolate almond, peanut and hazlenut, also maple and honey in 1.15oz packs(health food stores, REI).

Dark Chocolate Dreams is one of several flavors/brands produced by Peanut Butter & Co. As I recall, you can place orders through their website. Personally, I adore White Chocolate Wonderful and Bees Knees.

Images

Nutella and almond butter mixed in re-used plastic peanut butter (or similar jar) is pretty much the bomb-diggity

PCT 2013, most of AT 2011, rest of AT 2014

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    I am not going to google "dark chocolate dreams". I hope you can imagine what the results would turn up.
    Haha, nice. Same goes for "Justin's Nut Butter."

Quote Originally Posted by Papa D View Post
    Nutella and almond butter mixed in re-used plastic peanut butter (or similar jar) is pretty much the bomb-diggity
    +1 to this. Peanut-butter-and-Nutella was my staple dessert on the trail last year. After awhile I dispensed with candy bars completely--just a few sporkfuls of 2/3 PB, 1/3 N after every meal. Sometimes as an emulsifier for raw oats in my morning muesli too. Nutella's available at almost any supermarket now.
    "Hahk your own hahk." - Ron Haven

"The world is a book, of which those who do not travel read only a page." - St. Augustine

http://www.scrubhiker.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Papa D View Post
    Well put!

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Squeeze those foil packs to mix the contents up before opening. The oils tend to separate especially when they get warm.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Images

Yup they are sold from Peanut Butter Company when you head back to Walmart lookfor the jars up it (normally up top) they have so many differnt Flavors White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Bee's knees, and so much more. Everytime I got sick of pn on trail I picked up one of these jars. Yum Yum http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RodentWhisperer View Post
    Dark Chocolate Dreams is one of several flavors/brands produced by Peanut Butter & Co. As I recall, you can place orders through their website. Personally, I adore White Chocolate Wonderful and Bees Knees.

http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/peanut-butter-packs.html
    I start out the Day with nothing and by the end of the Day I still have most of it.

++ New Posts ++