WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Cool free trail support for 10 days in New Mexico, April 2015

I would like to support a group of 2-4 thru-hikers in New Mexico for up to 10 days this April. Will gladly carry packs/water/supplies if you tell me where to be at the end of the day. If it is accessible with a 4wd SUV then I'll be there. I am interested in getting to know the CDT and plan on hiking myself during the day. I have angelled over 4000 hikers on the AT/CT/ and Florida Trails. This would be a real hoot. All free of course. Serious inquiries off line, thanks. Angel Apple

Quote Originally Posted by manzana View Post
    I would like to support a group of 2-4 thru-hikers in New Mexico for up to 10 days this April. Will gladly carry packs/water/supplies if you tell me where to be at the end of the day. If it is accessible with a 4wd SUV then I'll be there. I am interested in getting to know the CDT and plan on hiking myself during the day. I have angelled over 4000 hikers on the AT/CT/ and Florida Trails. This would be a real hoot. All free of course. Serious inquiries off line, thanks. Angel Apple

This would be a great opportunity for some hikers to do a supported hike through the Black Range.

Apple, that was really generous. Do you know much about the Grand Enchantment Tr in NM in the Black Range?(near Chloride) I'm planning the rest of the GET - what I missed starting sometime around that time frame.

Yes, you are BC. Thx for the tip.

Images

Sorry, I am clueless about trails in NM. I do have Bearcreek's and Yogi's books however. 8-) Angel Apple

That is a great offer. Would you be interested in supporting two of us on segments 9-15 in early May? I plan on leaving the border around April 20th but I am not confident I can get that far (165 miles) until around May 1st.

Images

That sounds do-able for now. I am not sure what the access is like in that area but will take a look at it. I have pretty good clearance on my Expedition and 4wd. Also, if anybody else wanted to join that would work too. If you come up with some details, let me know. angel apple

Manzana,

Would you be willing/able to assist with thru hikers that might/might not have a dog? We dont have it set in stone yet, but the pooch might be joining us.

Images

No problem if you can keep the dog on your lap. AA

Manzana, I could use a ride from Virginia to NM and back. What do you think?

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Yankee View Post
    Manzana, I could use a ride from Virginia to NM and back. What do you think?
    Sorry, but I live in Ohio, not NC. I need to update my profile every 10 years! Apple

I was only joking but heh, thanks for the reply

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

++ New Posts ++