WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by STICK View Post
    The Integral Designs eVENT shortie gaiters are pretty light weight. I have some in bright yellow...I have only used them a few times though. I don't find myself actually wearing them as much as I thought I would before I got them, but when I do wear them the seem to work just fine.
    +1 on the ID eVent gaiters. I use them when I expect wet conditions and dirty girl gaiters for dry. I modified them to use a velcro shoe attachment like the dirty girls. I don't like the yellow, but they come in a subdued green as well, and those are the ones I have. Have held up very well on AT and elsewhere.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

The MountainAbout Icewater Gaiter is waterproof and breathable. They weigh in at 1.7oz. Hope this helps.
    http://www.mountainabout.com/Icewater.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nick&Bruce View Post
    Are you sure those are waterproof?
    I found out about Dirty Girls on the trail this spring, ordered some and they just arrived, have not tried them yet but know they are not waterproof, I only want to keep out the trash. Water proof is a waste of time if you're hiking in the rain, you're going to get wet anyway, you may as well get something comfortable and lightweight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++