WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Mammoth to Yosemite valley?.....I see that YARTS has an 8am....

bus from Mammoth to Yosemite Valley...Has anyone taken that route before? how long does it take?

Also, are there other options that are somewhat affordable between Mammoth and Yosemite?

WTC

There is other bus service along the Hwy 395 corridor, but they don't go into Yosemite NP. The Yarts bus is the only service between those 2 locations. Otherwise you can hitch hike. The bus schedule tells you how long it takes. The posted schedule from 2011 should be close enough once the buses start running this summer. http://www.yarts.com/schedule/2011/120summer2011.pdf
    Clearly from the schedule it takes ~4 hours. I personally think $15 is very affordable.

Images

The YARTS bus goes from Mammoth Lakes to Yosemite Valley. It is weekends only until July 1. After that, it runs daily. I used it four years ago, leaving Mammoth at 7 AM and arriving in the valley around 11:20.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

It's daily in July & August but back to weekends only in September. Not sure about Labor Day itself.

++ New Posts ++