WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gloves?

Images

MLD event mitts are great! When it's really cold I combine them with a pair of light fleece gloves underneath.

I'm a fan of merino gloves (like the ones Icebreakers' makes) with as-needed WPB mittens if its really cold or wet. MLD eVent mitts are what I'm trying now. Merino stuff is so nice and toasty and generally pretty durable. As non-synthetic material, will not melt on a hot surface like synthetics can. Less fussy around the campfire as a result.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Son, you know you got a panty on yer head?
    Buy the ticket, you take the ride. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by garlic08 View Post
    Those poly or wool surplus gloves are good and cheap. Any kind of glove liner works. And of course "bagtex", as Rocketsocks says, is always a good option for feet as well as hands. A couple extra bread bags are good to have. I tried the socks thing and without cutting a hole in the heel I really don't like the loss of dexterity. An opposable thumb is what sets us apart from the beasts.
    I cannot remember where I saw these.They are clear see through mittens with thumb,light weight material like sheet plastic.Maybe they came with a paint or epoxy kit,nurses wereing them to deliver baby or the lunch lady had them on while serving people in line?just can't remember.

International Man of Mystery BobTheBuilder's Avatar
    Images

I use fleece gloves for dexterity, waterproof mitten shells over top of the gloves if it is really cold and I need to hold on to my poles. I never really thought the sock thing was a good idea. With socks over my hands, my thumbs becomes useless and my arms just become clubs. At that point, I'll just put my hands in my pockets to stay warm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++