WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Buy in town and lose the mail drops. They are a pain especially when arriving in town after PO closes on a Sat.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

Images

You can include Aquone Hostel as a mail drop: 63 Britannia Drive, Aquone, NC 28781 Tel 828 321 2340, call ahead of time (Winding Stairs Gap, Siler Bald) and if I'm picking up at: Wayah Bald, Burningtown Gap, or Telico Gap, even if you are not staying at the hostel, I shall do my up-most to get your drop out to you. Do call ahead of time though. Wiggy (2010)

Quote Originally Posted by handlebar View Post
    Buy in town and lose the mail drops. They are a pain especially when arriving in town after PO closes on a Sat.
    +1
    If i was to do the AT again, I would only do 1 drop at fontana dam. the prices there are a little crazy to resupply at the general store

Quote Originally Posted by Lando11 View Post
    +1
    If i was to do the AT again, I would only do 1 drop at fontana dam. the prices there are a little crazy to resupply at the general store
    Fontana was the only drop I did this spring but discovered I didn't need it, the village store was well stocked.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by swjohnsey View Post
    You could end up eating beef jerky and poptarts for a few days.
    That's what I had to do coming out of Adkins. Had to shop at the two gas stations, but at least I got to do all you can eat at the Barn Restaurant.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

I have completed three thru-hikes and i am very seriously contemplating doing another and when i do i will have a few drops.
    1 Neels Gap.
    2 Blue Berry Patch.
    3 Fontana Damn.
    4 Standing Bear Farm Hostel.
    5 Hot Springs. ( no real grocery, except for a Family dollar )
    6 Hamton TN.
    7 Boiling Springs PA.
    8 Monson ME
    These 8 mail drops would make a Thru-Hikers life a lot easier but i do prefer to buy as i go along. RED-DOG ( Flip-Flop 96 & GA-ME 06 & GA-ME 2012 )

Images

Aquone Hostel, Nantahala, NC are accepting mail drops - no charge -

Red-Dog let e kno if you are planning on a tru hike in 2013 I will go with you.

Yeah Sweetspot i am thinking of doing a long distance all my friends think i have lost my mind for even considering it since i just got finished doing a 2012 thru but what i am thinking is Springer MT to Delaware Water Gap or maybe another Flip-Flop. Just a thought.

Another Thought, will some one Please send Aquonehostel a mail drop sounds like there getting desperate, every thread i have read in the last couple of days their in it trying to drum up buisness. I didn't mean to wreck your thread bro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++