Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-01-2012
    Location
    Lower Catskill Mountains
    Posts
    135

    :banana Discovery Channel fires Bear Grylls...!!

    I usually don't trek very far,
    when all around Bear Grylls are.


    Hi...


    According to a spokesman for the Discovery Channel, The Hollywood Reporter was told that they have terminated "all current productions" with Grylls, apparently after trying to get him to participate in two projects that he was contracted to do.

    So...waddya think of that?

  2. #2
    double d's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-10-2007
    Location
    Chicagoland, Illinois
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Bring back the Canadian guy and forget Bear Brylls
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-29-2011
    Location
    Snellville, Ga
    Age
    29
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Im sure he'll miss all those hotel stays after the camera shuts off.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-08-2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Les Stroud*. he was true blue. hauled every piece of equipment and was completely solo for his trips....understandable why he didn't continue

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conburn View Post
    Les Stroud*. he was true blue. hauled every piece of equipment and was completely solo for his trips....understandable why he didn't continue

    I agree......
    Don't Die Before You've Had A Chance To Live!

  6. #6
    BARN OWLS (UK) Wise Old Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-29-2007
    Location
    High up in an old tree
    Posts
    13,864
    Journal Entries
    16
    Images
    70

    Default

    Damn that was so thirty minutes ago... ya beat me to it.... my smart ass fone notified my brain and you posted first.... great.
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” Dr Seuss
    Woo

  7. #7
    Registered User Kookork's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-22-2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,025
    Images
    12

    Default

    I like both Les Stroud and Bear Grylls. They depict two different aspects of survival. Les is more about how to survive and Bear is more about how to reach to civilization. Both shows are great. It is sad that there will be no more Man VS Wild. I liked it very much but sometimes Bear's moves were way over the abilitis of a normal person and was too Dramatic.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-10-2007
    Location
    Freehold, Dirty Jersey
    Age
    31
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kookork View Post
    I like both Les Stroud and Bear Grylls. They depict two different aspects of survival. Les is more about how to survive and Bear is more about how to reach to civilization. Both shows are great. It is sad that there will be no more Man VS Wild. I liked it very much but sometimes Bear's moves were way over the abilitis of a normal person and was too Dramatic.

    I agree completely two different shows with two different points. Bear was more for show and to demonstrate extremely unlikely situations. Les was more reality based but consider the following. Due to regulations imposed by "hollywood", or whatever powers that be in the production of television programs, even Les Stroud was required to have a crew on hand for safety reasons. I can guarantee that support was never more than a few miles away for Les on his "adventures". As far as Bear Grylls is concerned I give him mad respect for having the physical ability that he has. I could only hope to be able to pull myself hand over hand up a rope on a 100' cliff face. I will miss his show if his termination is in fact true.

  9. #9

    Default

    I'm glad I don't have cable...
    The AT - It has it's ups and downs...

  10. #10
    BARN OWLS (UK) Wise Old Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-29-2007
    Location
    High up in an old tree
    Posts
    13,864
    Journal Entries
    16
    Images
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    I'm glad I don't have cable...
    ya missing out on vios cable sucks.
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” Dr Seuss
    Woo

  11. #11
    Wanna-be hiker trash Sarcasm the elf's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-05-2010
    Location
    Here
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,865
    Images
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    I'm glad I don't have cable...
    Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    We don't watch TV, and now I'll never know who this Grylls guy, who people [tv outside people]keep relating to me when they ask me about hiking and camping.....................it's TV folks.
    You mean like this

    http://www.theonion.com/articles/are...own-a-tel,429/

    Don't worry, I'm one of those non-television types too, and I can't stop myself from mentioning it whenever I get the chance. Wait, did I just do it again? Drat!
    "This sucks and I love it"

    The ground's under my boots and not over my head, so it's a good day.

  12. #12
    Registered User Juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-2011
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Who?

    Says Juice, but my post does not contain enough characters.
    Buy the ticket, you take the ride. - Hunter S. Thompson

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-20-2002
    Location
    Damascus, Virginia
    Age
    55
    Posts
    28,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder1 View Post
    I usually don't trek very far,
    when all around Bear Grylls are.


    Hi...


    According to a spokesman for the Discovery Channel, The Hollywood Reporter was told that they have terminated "all current productions" with Grylls, apparently after trying to get him to participate in two projects that he was contracted to do.

    So...waddya think of that?
    who is he and what did he do?

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf:1266732
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder1 View Post
    I usually don't trek very far,
    when all around Bear Grylls are.


    Hi...


    According to a spokesman for the Discovery Channel, The Hollywood Reporter was told that they have terminated "all current productions" with Grylls, apparently after trying to get him to participate in two projects that he was contracted to do.

    So...waddya think of that?
    who is he and what did he do?
    Pretended to survive in the wild. Demonstrated risky techniques that would get you killed.

  15. #15
    Registered User Kookork's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-22-2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,025
    Images
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    Pretended to survive in the wild. Demonstrated risky techniques that would get you killed.
    Yeah,True. I am one of the people who followed one of Bear Grylls risky techniques and was killed.

    Sent from my Blackberry just before entering the Hell's infamous gate(sorry, no coverage in hell yet).

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-28-2004
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Age
    52
    Posts
    11,106

    Default

    I like Les Stroud, but anyone can eat scorpions when starving out on your own.
    It takes a real man to such water out of elephant dung when the camera crew has gatoraid and beer a few yards away.

  17. #17
    Registered User streetgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-13-2012
    Location
    Great Mills, MD
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I like Les Stroud too but Bear is a former British SAS operator. He doesn't have to prove anything to me.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-15-2007
    Location
    Jersey shore
    Age
    67
    Posts
    401
    Images
    3

    Default

    They should change those survival themes to putting someone in a big city with no money, no phone, etc., and seeing how long it takes to get back to the wilderness.
    Simple is good.

  19. #19

    Default

    Lulz! You should pitch that idea to discovery. I'd love to watch that show.
    "Mountains desire to be conquered"
    Me, unless anyone else has said it?

    If you're interested in my hike my website is http://www.thruperspective.com/

  20. #20
    BARN OWLS (UK) Wise Old Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-29-2007
    Location
    High up in an old tree
    Posts
    13,864
    Journal Entries
    16
    Images
    70

    Default

    on the other hand he taught how to save your own ass.
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” Dr Seuss
    Woo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •