WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Need to Contact Zak (Hiking in GA)

I need to get in touch with my 20-year old son Zak Hartzell. He camped at MountainCrossing in Georgia on Monday July 9th and is headed north. He's 6'2", reddish brown wavy hair, fit... Has a red backpack, ukelele and is mostly tent camping. Tattoo on left bicep "I'm Still in Here Yer Worship" (Quote).

If anyone has more recent information on his location or any ideas on how to get a message to him, I'd really appreciate it! Wish I were hiking down there myself...

Images

I've posted a photo of Zak in my gallery. Need to contact Zak ASAP. Thanks for any help you can provide!

I hope you found Zak. Let us know, ok?

Images

Thanks D-Cell. No contact yet. It was suggested I contact the Fontana Visitor Center and try to connect with the ridge runners out of there. A Georgia deputy also suggested putting the word out to game wardens as they patrol the trail. If anyone has any further suggestions, I'm certainly open to them. Thank you!

Images

Still trying to make contact with Zak. Wish I knew a trail name to give you. Very cool guy (in my opinion). Hoping his description and photo will sound familiar to someone. Think he must be into NC from GA at this point. Nearing Fontana maybe? Thanks for help!

Try contacting Standing Bear Hostel, or the officials in Hot Springs, he has got to get resupplied some how. RED-DOG

Images

Thanks for posting the photo link here, Farr Away, and I will make those contacts, Red-Dog. Everyone I've been able to reach by phone and on this forum has been very helpful. I really appreciate it.

Images

There's no record of Zak entering the Smokies yet (have been in contact with rangers). Photos have been posted around Fontana and Nantahala. Following up on all suggestions and welcome any more. No contact since he left Atlanta afternoon of July 3rd. Last known whereabouts as an overnight at Mountain Crossings GA. 20 years, reddish-brown hair, green eyes, 6'2". Tent, ukelele, red backpack... Thank you.

Images

I'm pretty sure that I met Zak on the trail. He needed to resupply and was headed to town with a couple that was exiting the trail. He was headed North and I was headed South so I'm not sure where he is now. I suspect that he would be close to Fontana.

Images

Thank you Mountain Pig! I'll private message you. Thanks!!

Images

Connected with Zak last night and all is well ; ) Many thanks to all of you for the help and support!

Good deal!

-FA

Quote Originally Posted by heatherd View Post
    Connected with Zak last night and all is well ; ) Many thanks to all of you for the help and support!
    Mail the boy a $10 TracFone and some loaded with some home calling minutes.

The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

++ New Posts ++