WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: 2015?

Default 2015?

Yep, that's right, I'll finally be hiking the trail for my (gasp!) 40th Birthday in 2015! A buddy of mine and I were supposed to go this year, but the downturn in the economy wasn't very good to either of us so we were forced to scrap our plans. So now I figure 3 whole years is plenty of time to plan and save! I hope!

Anyway...

Hello again all, I'll be checking in much more frequently now.

Are there any other folks out there planning on heading NoBo GA-ME in 2015 as well?

(Oh and one little question... How long on average does it take to make it from Springer to Damascus? )
    NoBo 2015

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sonno View Post
    Yep, that's right, I'll finally be hiking the trail for my (gasp!) 40th Birthday in 2015! Anyway...

(Oh and one little question... How long on average does it take to make it from Springer to Damascus? )
    Congrats!! The earliest chance I'll have to thru will be 2025.

Springer to Damascus?? Lots of variables will determine how long it takes you,,, but let's say you're making 15-18 miles a day, w/ a nero/zero each week for resupply,, then you'll probably make it to Damascus w/in 4 to 5 weeks.
    NOBO section hiker, 1066.4 miles... & counting!!

Yeah, my buddy and I are going to be getting out of the Navy around the mid-end of November, we're stationed over here Jacksonville. We're taking the time during this next deployment and the time after that to prepare. Although we're only 22, we'll be ancient by 2015 :P

In 2015 I will turn 24, pay off my car, and receive my degree. That leaves me with hardly any real responsibility as I will quit my job and thru hike the AT!! Thats the plan as of now anyways. 3 years is a long ways away...

I plan to hike the AT in 2015. Same as HeavyPack627, ill have my degree so that leaves me with some time to get out there before I do anything else.

Journal Entries

I'll be starting mid Feb 2015!

Which way are you all heading?

So far the pan is to leave around my birthday (April 17th) heading NoBO and make it to Damascus in time for the "Trail Days" weekend in mid-late May. Then make it on up to Harper's Ferry,WV in time for the 4th of July weekend and catch the train over to DC to spend a mid-hike break in our Nation's Capitol with some family there. Sounds like fun... On paper at least!
    NoBo 2015

Images

It's been a loooong time since anyone has responded to this thread. Is everyone/anyone still planning a 2015 NOBO? I'm planning one now...

I will be planning to go again in 2015 maybe this time all will go according to plan

My wife & I will be heading NOBO, and leaving sometime between Feb 25 to March 2 hopefully. We both turn 50 in 2015, and have been working/planning towards our AT thru for over 20 years. It's finally getting close ... yeehaw!

I'm planning NOBO in 2015 and plan to leave in March

2015 Man and wife team. http://www.youtube.com/user/2YOUNGSHIKE We are excited about doing the next year. NOBO

++ New Posts ++