WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Gear help urgent oes maccat standard!!! Please help urgent!

I have the OES Maccat Standard and the Warbonnet blackbird. No where can I find instructions on how to set up the tarp. Does it need a ridge line or what? Please anybody who has used it tell me how to set it up. I LEAVE TOMORROW for a 200 mile hike on the AT.

Detailed instructions would be very helpful!

Can't help with the setup, but do learn the lesson: ALWAYS learn how to use your gear by practicing at home before your trip.

Good luck. Enjoy the hike!

Images

A little late here I guess, but for future reference for anybody else reading... most tarps do not attach to anything like the Hennessy's do with clips on the hammock lines. I know of no other setup where a tarp doesn't require tie outs on each end, or a continuous ridgeline, each of which tie to the same tree the hammock does. Jacks r Better has a good package for tarp tieout lines.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

++ New Posts ++