WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I love pasties!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    And I'd like to take a moment to recognize all the Michigan boys and girls who came out to represent,Thank you!
    And while you're up there, be sure to get a sweet roll from the Hilltop in L'Anse (only 230 miles from Lehtos). Another UP food with its own URL:

http://www.sweetroll.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    And while you're up there, be sure to get a sweet roll from the Hilltop in L'Anse (only 230 miles from Lehto's). Another UP food with its own URL:

Years ago,in a land not far away,all the malls around here had a shop named "Cinnabun".Then you walked in the place the smell just permeated the entire mall and sometimes the parking lot as well.This was more than the law should allow,sinful it was.I had a few of those.

And while you're up there, be sure to get a sweet roll from the Hilltop in L'Anse (only 230 miles from Lehtos). Another UP food with its own URL:

The Hilltop's sweet rolls are more than awesome! Cinnamon rolls "as big as yer head," as we used to say.
    "We can no longer live as rats. We know too much." -- Nicodemus

Images

Of course you know that Michigan, especially the Upper Peninsula is the pasty capital of the US. In the UP, they are not exactly "little".
    I first had 'pasties' in the U.P. on my way to Isle Royale for a scout hiking trip. Had them again on the way home. Tasty.
    Formerly uhfox

Springer to Bear Mountain Inn, NY
    N Adams, MA to Clarendon VT
    Franconia Notch to Crawford Notch

My typical weekend backpacking trip to Pictured Rocks involves getting my permit at the ranger station, then a quick drive to Muldoons to pick up a pastie (with). Then I drive to the trailhead, hike in, set up my tent, dump in my fluffed-up my sleeping bag, then toddle to a spot from which I can look at the lake and eat my still warm pastie. Mmmmm.

Darn, I haven't done it since the weekend before last. Hmmm, maybe I should schedule another little trip next weekend... .

Pringles

Journal Entries

May 24th Michigan's U.P. Pastie Day (pass-tee). Nothing better in the deer woods of upper michigan.
    I start out the Day with nothing and by the end of the Day I still have most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RodentWhisperer View Post
    The Hilltop's sweet rolls are more than awesome! Cinnamon rolls "as big as yer head," as we used to say.
    My wife knew a guy who called in an order for a dozen to go (thinking they were like doughnut-sized). He shows up and they hand him his dozen in box the size of a Buick!

My wife knew a guy who called in an order for a dozen to go (thinking they were like doughnut-sized). He shows up and they hand him his dozen in box the size of a Buick!
    I get
    Enchiladas,deliverd from my home town in Texas.Good stuff!I'll have to see about the pastys getting deliverd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++