WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Journal Entries
    Images

Saw Sgt Rocks video last night where did you buy the Mule tape?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

I got a bunch of it from John Sawyer on Hammock forum... You could just use your leash and tie it around the stake. I staked the pad down too. FWIW

Journal Entries
    Images

Good to know thanks!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

I know this thread is old but I have something to add. I hike with 2 dogs. I carry one 50ft piece of bear bag line and another slightly shorter 40' or so line. I get to a busy shelter and tie both pieces up between 2 trees at my head height. I get em nice and tight then clip each leash to one with an extra biner. I use 2 separate runs so the younger dog doesn't annoy the older one. When I get ready for bed and the dogs are settling down I take the longer one down and clip both to the same run. If I'm using a tarp I tie one end to the same tree I use for my ridgeline. At night trey can get up and go to the bathroom without getting tangled. They just walk out the end and come back in without excess line to get tangled on. I usually use a tent and neither wanders off really but this trick is still applicable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++