Thread: Time to hike

Default Time to hike

For the first time in my life, my kids are grown and gone (mostly,college), I am working entirely from home on my own schedule, and I can hike WHEN I WANT!

I up and decided today to do a short trek on a local trail, and took off and did and had no one to answer to! It was awesome! I also volunteered for my local trail, which has the GET coming through it, so I am really looking forward to that.

Its so weird! It always took some planning and juggling to even do a short day trip and today, all I did was leave a text to my husband at work. And someone was usually always with me, it was nice being alone. Just me and my camera.

I could get used to this! I had been having a bit of empty nest syndrome, missing the kids, but I think its going to be alright.

I think I will check out a new to me trail tomorrow!

Anyone else enjoying an empty nest with freedom to hike?

Images

Unfortunately I got into backpacking shortly after I got married so I missed my "empty nest" time. I don't have any kids, though, and get out quite frequently with my wife. She's always game for shorter trips
    If a tree falls in the woods, be there to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by tds1195 View Post
    Unfortunately I got into backpacking shortly after I got married so I missed my "empty nest" time. I don't have any kids, though, and get out quite frequently with my wife. She's always game for shorter trips
    My husband is pretty good, too. He loves to fish, so I can always use that as a incentive to get him out. Its nice going alone,too,though. I never realized how nice!

++ New Posts ++