WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    Big distance between being accepting and making up facts, and spreading rumors and assumptions as some are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    Where has anyone here done that? They haven't. You're making that up.
    No he isn't. You have done it. Granted, you have all the legal mumbo jumbo and appear to have the
    lawyer skills needed to get away with misdeeds and help others get away with bad behavior, but morals and right and wrong do make a difference. Not saying you are one, but some people don't find huckster ambulance chasing lawyers credible.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    No he isn't. You have done it. ...
    Your saying it's so doesn't make it so. I won't dignify your further comments - they speak for themselves and for you.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

No he isn't. You have done it. Granted, you have all the legal mumbo jumbo and appear to have the
    lawyer skills needed to get away with misdeeds and help others get away with bad behavior, but morals and right and wrong do make a difference. Not saying you are one, but some people don't find huckster ambulance chasing lawyers credible.
    You have been defending the reputation of an incarcerated man and taking others to task for "spreading rumors and assumptions." But because Driver8 disagrees with your "reasoning," you then throw out the phrase, "huckster ambulance chasing lawyer." Oh, but of course you are not saying that, "he is one." ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Well, let's put this baby to rest because Driver8 is right. Your comments do not deserve a response.
    Last edited by WIAPilot; 05-21-2012 at 18:16.

Quote Originally Posted by WIAPilot View Post
    You have been defending the reputation of an incarcerated man and taking others to task for "spreading rumors and assumptions."
    Have not been trying to defend his reputation. Just trying to give him a fair shake in regards to being involved with a homicide. Heck, you yourself turned a large boot knife into a machete that he "brandished". Brandishing a weapon is a crime, it means he waved it around in a threatening manner. Where did you get the machete stuff and who said he brandished it?

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    There was another death in Maine last year of a hiker. The death was determined to be "undetermined". What does that mean? Was he killed to ? Does anyone have any new info on that case ?
    Accidents happen. Here is blog reported to be written by one of a group of hikers who was on the sceene very quickly:

http://walkingwithredoak.blogspot.com/

While its natural to want answers, I think a number of people in this thread need to be more careful with what they present as fact. TD55 is right to remind everyone of that. I think a numer of other comments fall into the same catagory.

[QUOTE=Driver8;129005

Moreover, it so happens, according to credible reports and/or to the statements of authorities, that among the last people who interacted with the victim is a man with a significant rap sheet who happened to be, evidently, in the A.T. corridor in the vicinity of a string of property crimes and who was accused of having shafted a merchant in Pennsylvania[/QUOTE]

One of the most brazen pieces of misinformation and made up garbage posted here. This post indicates a specific "PaPa Smurf INTERACTED WITH THE VICTIM. Not a shred of evidence. Not even evidence of official comment that this is the same PaPa Smurf, of which there were and are several. FBI never even said there was interaction between the hikers they mentioned and the victim.

This is not the hiker I referred to. This is another hiker and here is the link. His name was Micheal Geurette. Death is listed as unexplained. I was just wondering if anyone has heard more about this death. And please everyone, I am not saying he was killed, just wondering if anyone knows what happened to him. I can't find any more info than this.

http://www.mpbn.net/Home/tabid/36/ct...6/Default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    Accidents happen. Here is blog reported to be written by one of a group of hikers who was on the sceene very quickly:

http://walkingwithredoak.blogspot.com/

While its natural to want answers, I think a number of people in this thread need to be more careful with what they present as fact. TD55 is right to remind everyone of that. I think a numer of other comments fall into the same catagory.

Here is a link showing it was a hiking accident with Mr.Geurette:

http://www.fireislandqnews.com/2011/...tte/index.html

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    This is not the hiker I referred to. This is another hiker and here is the link. His name was Micheal Geurette. Death is listed as unexplained. I was just wondering if anyone has heard more about this death. And please everyone, I am not saying he was killed, just wondering if anyone knows what happened to him. I can't find any more info than this.

http://www.mpbn.net/Home/tabid/36/ct...6/Default.aspx
    You may "know" otherwise, but I believe the hiker referred to on the blogspot is the same individual. My hope is that the comments in the blogspot answer some of the questions you are looking for.

Images

One of the most brazen pieces of misinformation and made up wgarbage posted here. This post indicates a specific "PaPa Smurf INTERACTED WITH THE VICTIM. Not a shred of evidence. Not even evidence of official comment that this is the same PaPa Smurf, of which there were and are several. FBI never even said there was interaction between the hikers they mentioned and the victim.
    If so, I stand corrected and apologize for my errors. I admit that I am working from my memory of threads which date back to last summer and which I've not looked at in several months.

I don't see, however, where this justifies the harsh, hateful, judgmental attitude of many here or the personal attacks. What good that does is a mystery to me, and I'll add that even if some of my statements are not directly supported by investigators' public statements on the matter or by credible news reports on same, they are not contradicted by them, either, and logical inferences to their effect may be drawn from the said reports and investigators' statements. In other words, they're not made up out of whole cloth, as some of the rancor here would imply, and have a reasonable sounding in fact.

One fact I see no one here contradicting is that a wave of property crimes made their way up the trail more or less coinicident with this Papa Smurf's movements last year and that this wave did not continue after Scott Lilly's killing, and this Papa Smurf was not reported to be seen in the trail corridor after the homicide in question.

Are you able refute any of those facts, TD55? Bonus points if you can do so civilly.

I could be missing something in the blog, but I am not seeing the connection ?? OH well, not that important.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    You may "know" otherwise, but I believe the hiker referred to on the blogspot is the same individual. My hope is that the comments in the blogspot answer some of the questions you are looking for.

One fact I see no one here contradicting is that a wave of property crimes made their way up the trail more or less coinicident with this Papa Smurf's movements last year
    Please name one property crime he was accused of by someone on the trail.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    Please name one property crime he was accused of by someone on the trail.
    Hostel owner's accusation in PA for which he's currently being held, pending prosecution.

Hostel owner's accusation in PA for which he's currently being held, pending prosecution.
    Not on the trail. The hostel is off the trail. Time for playing us for stupid is over. You and some others are scaring folks into thinking the AT is some kind of crime zone with a bully monster running up and down the AT. Didn't happen and wouldn't happen. To many good guy bad ass's out there. Stop insulting us, please. There are cop's and former cop's out there hiking. Veterans and just plain tough guys hiking. People who are carrying firearms, bear spray and clubs. We stick together and watch out for each other. Do crimes occur? Sure, but less then you find off the trail. The AT ain't no crime zone.

Not on the trail. The hostel is off the trail. Time for playing us for stupid is over. You and some others are scaring folks into thinking the AT is some kind of crime zone with a bully monster running up and down the AT. Didn't happen and wouldn't happen. To many good guy bad ass's out there. Stop insulting us, please. There are cop's and former cop's out there hiking. Veterans and just plain tough guys hiking. People who are carrying firearms, bear spray and clubs. We stick together and watch out for each other. Do crimes occur? Sure, but less then you find off the trail. The AT ain't no crime zone.
    Yeah. You really protected Scott Lilly, didn't you? And I'm afraid no one has to play you for stupid at all.

"People who are carrying firearms, bear spray and clubs." Will you just listen to yourself? You make it sound like an AT Uprising with everyone storming the shelters. Geez...go get a tattoo with Bad Ass's on your bicep and get it out of your system!
    Last edited by WIAPilot; 05-22-2012 at 17:00.

Sorry you missed the point. I got over 4 decades on the AT. How much time do you have on it? The point is that bad guys learn quickly that the AT is not a good place to hang out. To many bad ass good guys. And about that tattoo, don't need another one. The one that's there now works just fine thank you.

Images

Wow, reading this thread is better and more entertaining than the History Channel!
    Follow your bliss......
    Joseph Campbell
    http://www.trailjournals.com/rockie/

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
    Wow, reading this thread is better and more entertaining than the History Channel!
    History Channel? This thread is closer to bad reality TV, "The Real Housewives of the A.T." maybe?
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Sorry you missed the point. I got over 4 decades on the AT. How much time do you have on it? The point is that bad guys learn quickly that the AT is not a good place to hang out. To many bad ass good guys. And about that tattoo, don't need another one. The one that's there now works just fine thank you.
    Well, I think you definitely need to hike it this year because I'm hearing that things aren't so great. But heck. Why should one small murder mean anything to you? Everything's good, right? Well, I'm sure that Scott's family doesn't see it that way.

The only one that you have been "protecting" has been Papa Smurf!

I will be there in 2013, but please put down your firearms, bear spray and clubs. I'll protect myself. And I'll do it without the tattoo...

Images

All y'all been watching too much CSI. Get off the computer and go hike.
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++