In questions about water treatment here at WB, the use of Aqua Mira is widely suggested. However, I don't recall many comments about the logistics of its use for an AT Thru Hike. For those who have used this product:
1. Do you use drops or tablets?
2. How available is this at resupply stops? Did you find it necessary to do mail drops?
3. If not relying on mail drops, how much do you need to carry to be sure you can make it to the next supply point?
4. The answer to the previous question would partly be based on how much water you need to treat. Assuming you don't drink untreated water, how much water do you plan on treating per day on average?
5. Do you treat your cooking water?
6. I have seen various dose and treatment times recommended based on the source of the water and bugs you need to treat. Do you use these various recommendations, or just the standard treatment instructions.
TIA for the input.