WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 2012 Granite Gear Crown 60

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F7qERKOPL8 Would like to see Granite Gear make a 40L and 50L in this pack.
    Singletrack

That is a sweet pack. I have a vapor trail and it would be hard for me to hike with anything else. Either way, Id love to hear from anyone that has tried any of the new GG packs

Images

Any news when the Crown 60 will be on sale???

March 2012
    2013 AT NOBO - 03/13/13 to 08/14/13

Images

Wow, I like that, I may have to trade in my nimbus ozone

Images

This is the perfect pack for me, need to replace my GG Vapor Trail. Can't wait!!!!

Default granite gear

R any of the other new GG packs going on in March?

I just got Crown and very impressed may b the best pack I have owned if it holds up on trail...first look terrific tho

[QUOTE=yappy;1259619]I just got Crown and very impressed may b the best pack I have owned if it holds up on trail...first look terrific tho
    Have you weighed it yet? Even though I like GG packs, I have found they weigh 2 to 4 ounces more than advertised. Wish they would make a 40L and 50L.
    Singletrack

I haven't weighed it but I'm carryg just shy of 24 lbs and it carry like a dream most comfortable I have owned by far. I really like the way I cinches down and the fold up top is MUCH better then old vapor. I have been snowshoeg a lot w it and I barely know it is there.I hiked a lot of miles w the vapor and this seems infinity better

Saw this pack (Crown 60) at the NOC this past Sunday. Felt very light. Looks like a really nice thru-hiking pack. Unusual name for a pack. Is there some subliminal reason for the way manufacturers' name these packs?

Who names these things! Lol it cld b the king of packs tho ..OK pathetic. A 50 liter wld b nice but I will use space for water out west.the crown ride much better thn the vapor when partially empty.it cinches down beautifully. I wanted tht feature.the buckles and straps very light but well made.this pack can take a beatg hopefully

I recieved my new GG Crown 60 a few days ago and gave it a try with an 8 mile out and back hike on the Pinhoti this w/e. I was going to leave my hiking buddy at home because I did not believe the pack would hold my gear and his gear (fleece pull over, sleeping bag, pad, 2 lbs/day food). The little guy saw the pack and stuck to me like velcro, couldn't break his little heart by leaving him at home. I switched to a two man tent and loaded his stuff and could not tell a difference in the pack, dont know where the stuff went. Love the pack. The stretch front pocket is perfect for tent, rain gear, and get to quick items. I missed having a hip belt pocket so I have ordered one. I'm a satisfied customer.

Quote Originally Posted by yappy View Post
    Who names these things! Lol it cld b the king of packs tho ..OK pathetic. A 50 liter wld b nice but I will use space for water out west.the crown ride much better thn the vapor when partially empty.it cinches down beautifully. I wanted tht feature.the buckles and straps very light but well made.this pack can take a beatg hopefully
    What is your first language? Seriously, if you want people to pay attention to what you say, you could take the time to proof read your postings.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Whatever I'm on a phone and I cld care a nickel if u pay attention or not

One thing I haven't found in any of the reviews/videos I've seen is how well the pack carries a 3L bladder? Is there a separate sleeve with some sort of hook or loop to "hang" the bladder from? Or does it just drop down into the compartment that holds the frame?

I haven't set my eyes on one of these in person yet so I'm hoping someone who has one can comment on this issue or at least take some pics so we can see how well a bladder integrates with the pack.

Thanks if you can help!

++ New Posts ++