WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A.t mugging

Default A.t mugging

Has anyone heard of "ROADSIDE" he was mugged the evening of March 24th 2012 fifty feet from "Burningtown Gap". The ******** got away with two hundred in cash and shook him up badly. Also do to this he has hiked faster then anyone in his weight let alone pack weight...he is a "jack rabbit". Just want to have people WATCH OUT for what may happen...he was night hiking alone. Though like a man of intelligence instead of leaving trail...he has stuck with it and given back MUCH MORE.

Godspeed "Roadside"!!! Glad that he wasn't badly injured or worse. Sounds like he is treating this experience just like a long steep incline. Good on him!

So, did he follow through with contacting the ATC?--Kinnickinic

"ATC" is not a legal recourse aka...reporting to them is pointless. He reported to the National Park Ranger for said forest...he took his report and filed it.

Sorry to hear this, but glad he is okay. Where is Burningtown Gap???
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Creek Dancer View Post
    Sorry to hear this, but glad he is okay. Where is Burningtown Gap???
    Between Wayah and Wesser Balds
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBASTARD View Post
    "ATC" is not a legal recourse aka...reporting to them is pointless. He reported to the National Park Ranger for said forest...he took his report and filed it.
    Pointless? Not really.

The ATC clearly advises people to report criminal incidents to 911, law enforcement, or other appropriate agencies.

That said, incidents should also be reported to the ATC. It serves as a great centralized repository of information and reduces fragmented reporting of incidents. It's a long trail and we need reporting methodologies like this to get the "big picture".

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/hiki...rt-an-incident

Well last time I checked ATC has NO LEGAL AUTHORITY. Also if your a hiker you know word spreads quickly. Not really if ATC served us as hikers we would not be paying a fortune in the WHITES...to camp at "shelters" regardless of need or want of them. Also he was mugged you ever think by reporting it he did us all a great justice by REPORTING IT...how many guys do you know would say they were mugged? NONE people even laughed at him for hiking at night...obviously those people were morons like you. He filed a report enough said. BTW whats with the pictures of these women as your profile pic? Your an old(er) man very creepy indeed of you...remind me of "dirty girl" being he is another oddball. All in all he did a great thing by reporting it who even asks ATC for information? The park rangers are the ones to inform not a "non-profit". They only care about the unholy dollar.

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/hiki...rt-an-incident[/QUOTE]

Well last time I checked ATC has NO LEGAL AUTHORITY. Also if your a hiker you know word spreads quickly. Not really if ATC served us as hikers we would not be paying a fortune in the WHITES...to camp at "shelters" regardless of need or want of them. Also he was mugged you ever think by reporting it he did us all a great justice by REPORTING IT...how many guys do you know would say they were mugged? NONE people even laughed at him for hiking at night...obviously those people were morons like you. He filed a report enough said. BTW whats with the pictures of these women as your profile pic? Your an old(er) man very creepy indeed of you...remind me of "dirty girl" being he is another oddball. All in all he did a great thing by reporting it who even asks ATC for information? The park rangers are the ones to inform not a "non-profit". They only care about the unholy dollar.

There is no such thing as a National Park Ranger in a National Forest. Perhaps you should brush up on what the ATC actually does before blasting them. At least the ATC would have been able to tell him which legal authority in that jurisdiction to notify.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Well last time I checked ATC has NO LEGAL AUTHORITY. Also if your a hiker you know word spreads quickly. Not really if ATC served us as hikers we would not be paying a fortune in the WHITES...to camp at "shelters" regardless of need or want of them.

[/QUOTE]

The ATC puts up reports on their web site for other hikers to be made aware of incidents. It actually needed to be reported to the law enforcement for that county (not a forest service ranger who also does not have law enforcement capability either).

A sidenote - The ATC has no jurisdiction in the Whites with regards to fees, that's the AMC. And one does not need to use the fee system if he so wishes.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    There is no such thing as a National Park Ranger in a National Forest.
    Saved me from typing.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Creek Dancer View Post
    Where is Burningtown Gap???

Does anyone know the story of the Burningtown? It was told to me by a hobo.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

[/QUOTE]Look you ole irish bastard,speak for your self,if I was to get mugged(though not likely cause I'm f------nuts)I would be the first to shout it from the Mt. tops so loud they'd hear it in Scotland.

RS, if you shout that loud, make sure to enter the appropriate spaces so the good people of Scotland can understand you.

Hopefully the guy is alright.

Has anyone heard of "ROADSIDE" he was mugged the evening of March 24th 2012 fifty feet from "Burningtown Gap". The ******** got away with two hundred in cash and shook him up badly. Also do to this he has hiked faster then anyone in his weight let alone pack weight...he is a "jack rabbit". Just want to have people WATCH OUT for what may happen...he was night hiking alone. Though like a man of intelligence instead of leaving trail...he has stuck with it and given back MUCH MORE.
    how do we know any of this really happened?

El Sordo
    Images

read it on the internet, it must be true.
    Dyslexics Untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Winds View Post
    RS, if you shout that loud, make sure to enter the appropriate spaces so the good people of Scotland can understand you.

Hopefully the guy is alright.
    A.........Y.........E,work on those spacings,got it.But I got a lazy thumb,hit it with a hammer once.......Twice.Hey once,twice,thrice thats funny.

[/QUOTE]irish bastard,I'd report it to the local police,then give the ATC a call,really not that big of a deal to make to calls.

Images

irish bastard,I'd report it to the local police,then give the ATC a call,really not that big of a deal to make to calls.[/QUOTE]

I would have just shot him. Less hassle.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    irish bastard,I'd report it to the local police,then give the ATC a call,really not that big of a deal to make to calls.
    I would have just shot him. Less hassle. [/QUOTE]Yep that'd "Git er done"too.Then you could use your "one phone call" to the ATC to tell on yourself.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++