Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Crowds

  1. #21
    ME => GA 19AT3 rickb's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-12-2002
    Location
    Marlboro, MA
    Posts
    4,933
    Journal Entries
    1
    Images
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGB View Post
    It's ok to be an introvert, too.
    INTP has been said to be the most common personality type among thru hikers. Other threads on that.

  2. #22
    ChinMusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-22-2007
    Location
    Springfield, Illinois, United States
    Age
    56
    Posts
    6,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    Done hiking by 1 PM??? I'm guessing you won't be competing with these people for long.
    I can see folks stopping that early at the beginning of a thru. That is only day 2. I believe in hiking 50-70% of your ability for the first week.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

  3. #23
    LT '79; AT from Springer-Rangeley in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-03-2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,165
    Images
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    INTP has been said to be the most common personality type among thru hikers. Other threads on that.
    INTJ here.

  4. #24
    Nalgene Ninja flemdawg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-31-2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    Done hiking by 1 PM??? I'm guessing you won't be competing with these people for long.
    Read the WHOLE sentence.
    "April 2 Gooch Shelter 1/2 full by 1pm, hiked on to about 1 mile past Jarrard Gap and camped wit h 4 other hikers."

    I stopped for lunch and there were already a half dozen folks with the bed rolls out, claiming a spot.
    I went on for another 4 miles.

  5. #25
    ChinMusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-22-2007
    Location
    Springfield, Illinois, United States
    Age
    56
    Posts
    6,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flemdawg1 View Post
    Read the WHOLE sentence.
    "April 2 Gooch Shelter 1/2 full by 1pm, hiked on to about 1 mile past Jarrard Gap and camped wit h 4 other hikers."

    I stopped for lunch and there were already a half dozen folks with the bed rolls out, claiming a spot.
    I went on for another 4 miles.
    Uhhh, yeah. What about my post didn't you understand? The point was being made about Gooch being half full at 1pm.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-03-2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,266
    Journal Entries
    1
    Images
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    INTJ here.
    I don't know what INTJ or INTP stands for?Anyone.....
    I hike for hikin'

  7. #27
    ChinMusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-22-2007
    Location
    Springfield, Illinois, United States
    Age
    56
    Posts
    6,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I don't know what INTJ or INTP stands for?Anyone.....
    I know that INTJ made me this of socks.............
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

  8. #28
    Nalgene Ninja flemdawg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-31-2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Uhhh, yeah. What about my post didn't you understand? The point was being made about Gooch being half full at 1pm.
    I responded to Odd Man Out.

    I guess you were just wanting some attention. There,there.

  9. #29
    ChinMusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-22-2007
    Location
    Springfield, Illinois, United States
    Age
    56
    Posts
    6,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flemdawg1 View Post
    I responded to Odd Man Out.

    I guess you were just wanting some attention. There,there.
    OK, what about HIS post didn't you understand either?
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-03-2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,266
    Journal Entries
    1
    Images
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    I know that INTJ made me this of socks.............
    Hmm....I like to buy a vowel.
    I hike for hikin'

  11. #31

    Default

    LOL. I'll be Vanna.

    These are the Myers-Briggs Personality Types:

    INTP=Introversion, intuition, thinking, perception.

    INTJ=Introversion, intuition, thinking, judgment.

  12. #32
    ChinMusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-22-2007
    Location
    Springfield, Illinois, United States
    Age
    56
    Posts
    6,385

    Default

    They build decent mowers............
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-03-2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,266
    Journal Entries
    1
    Images
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WIAPilot View Post
    LOL. I'll be Vanna.

    These are the Myers-Briggs Personality Types:

    INTP=Introversion, intuition, thinking, perception.

    INTJ=Introversion, intuition, thinking, judgment.
    Thanks,I just googled it and read A bit....Ok a lot.Turns out.......I'm not that uncommon.Pretty interesting reader there.
    I hike for hikin'

  14. #34
    Registered User RGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-11-2009
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    427
    Images
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I enjoyed reading this,very interesting,informative,and insightful.
    No worries. People need to understand that personality types are just a means of classification and that one is not better than the other.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."

    -Bob Dylan

  15. #35
    ChinMusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-22-2007
    Location
    Springfield, Illinois, United States
    Age
    56
    Posts
    6,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGB View Post
    No worries. People need to understand that personality types are just a means of classification and that one is not better than the other.
    If I see "INTPs Suck" written on a shelter wall, I'll know where it came from..........
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-03-2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,266
    Journal Entries
    1
    Images
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    I know that INTJ made me this of socks.............
    Think I got it! Does this make me a INTP?

    Internal Nail Toe Jam
    I hike for hikin'

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-03-2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    11,266
    Journal Entries
    1
    Images
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    If I see "INTPs Suck" written on a shelter wall, I'll know where it came from..........
    It wont be from me,my spellin is tellable.
    I hike for hikin'

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    It wont be from me,my spellin is tellable.
    No wurees mi frend, minn too.
    The greatest adventure is what lies ahead -- J.R.R. Tolkien

  19. #39
    AT 4,000 miler, LT Blissful's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-14-2005
    Location
    Virginia, 10 miles from the AT near SNP
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,421
    Journal Entries
    1
    Images
    171

    Default

    If you don't like crowds or the social scene, go southbound. Great adventure, peace with the wilderness.



    Climb a mountain...wash your spirit clean - John Muir






    Hiking Blog- NEW Trail Angels - Maintainers
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT
    Shenandoah Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker


  20. #40
    AT 4,000 miler, LT Blissful's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-14-2005
    Location
    Virginia, 10 miles from the AT near SNP
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,421
    Journal Entries
    1
    Images
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flemdawg1 View Post

    So basically if you like solitude, stay away from shelters.
    Or go southbound....



    Climb a mountain...wash your spirit clean - John Muir






    Hiking Blog- NEW Trail Angels - Maintainers
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT
    Shenandoah Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •