WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Blue blaze question for north Carolina

Hi folks, I'm on the trail with a group and we have a knee issue and need to get to NoC ahead of schedule. My question is this: which blue blaze trail is the one that cuts out Albert Mtn. We are at Carter Gap shelter and I'm hoping we didn't miss it. The plan is to get to Wesser a day early. Can anyone please advise? Thanks very much.

The Albert Mountain cut off won't save you a day, it is just a bad weather cut off and keeps you off the summit. I think you just take the road around, I have never done the cut off. Now if you were trying to cut out the whole Standing Indian Loop you already missed the Kimsey Creek trail. There are a few other side trails, but I don't know how much they will save you at this point. It doesn't sound like you are carrying maps so you should probably just stick to the trail until Winding Stair Gap. Ron Haven can shuttle you from Winding Stair to Wayah Bald and that will cut off most of a day.

Okay thanks, I forgot to think of Ron as an option here and I have his number. Thanks again, that helps.

++ New Posts ++