WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Need pack help

Default Need pack help

Girlfriend measures 14 1/2 inches for backpack. Cannot find liteweight pack for her. Will be used for thru hike, Any suggestions?

Have you looked for women's packs? I've seen quite a few packs for the 16-18" torso length, I don't know if that would fit or not. Sorry I couldn't help more

I was just looking at some of Kelty's packs, most of the women's packs start at 14.5" and some of them are even shorter than that.
    I hold my wife's purse at the mall to stay close to my testes.

Torso measurement is a good start but don't take it too seriously. Go try on some youth packs if you can get to an outfitter. Kelty Jr Tioga, Deuter fox series. Osprey has a youth series as well. 25 L is on the small side--40 L is on the large side of cacacity. Don't overlook women's packs, some are shorter than their measurement would suggest. Golite frameless packs may also be a good option as the belt may not be needed for a very light load. Be sure that the pack is sized to fit the body width and shoulder span so that it will be comfortable to carry. Look for a good sales person who can help you get the pack adjusted right as well as sized right.

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Contact Chris at ULA. They made a custom extra small Circuit for a friend's wife.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

++ New Posts ++