WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: stove help?

Default stove help?

I have two Red Bull energy drink cans and was just wondering, is there any plans of what type of stove can be made with these?

Images
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Thanks skidsteer. I already made one of your on the trail coffee makers. I just like to make different stoves as well. I've made the super cat, and a version of cloudwalker's stovenot to mention two stoves out of aluminum bottles. I think the wife is ready to kick my butt for making so many stoves. Especially since I have been using the one I made like cloudwalker's.

you might try taking a look at zenstoves.net, they have a plethora of info on that site
    JRiker
    Patience and Positivity will keep you alive!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/bighatcreations

Registered User itsallgoodchuck's Avatar

I just finished the mini zen http://zenstoves.net/MiniStoves.htm a few hours ago. im leaving overnight to get the best out of my jb weld. It looks great but havent tested it yet. I used 2 red bull cans. I hope it works great.

Put it under a light bulb about 2 in. from it dry in 3 hours or so

:banana Another catch...

Quote Originally Posted by itsallgoodchuck View Post
    I just finished the mini zen http://zenstoves.net/MiniStoves.htm a few hours ago. im leaving overnight to get the best out of my jb weld. It looks great but havent tested it yet. I used 2 red bull cans. I hope it works great.

Another stovie hooked!!!

Haha this was my first stove and I love it! it ended up wroking great. When I get enough down time ill be making more for sure! Went out and got my Heineken today will likely have it tonight and get out the can opener!

Thanks for the advice Oops. I finished it late at night so decided to wait to test it lol

Joe Valesko of Zpacks has details and pictures of Red Bull/V8 can alcohol stoves. For information and some decent pictures go to www.zpacks.com and then to their cooking gear page.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by oops56 View Post
    Put it under a light bulb about 2 in. from it dry in 3 hours or so
    Hey Oops, did'nt you make a super efficient stove out of a V8 juice can (same size as a redbull in diameter)

maybe a tomato juice can Which one was it??????

I think you said it boiled 2 cups in 3.5 min. The one I wanted to purchase from you, you never got back to me

I made just about every stove design available four years ago, and since I discovered Jim Woods' Supercat, I don't have any use for my others. I threw most of them away this summer (actually, I recycled them through my city's reclamation program).
    Supercats don't need a pot support, saving weight, and, since most top burning stoves work best when the pot bottom is more than an inch above them, using a Supercat allows you to use a shorter windscreen, again saving weight.
    I used a Supercat for my Hundred Mile Wilderness hike last month with a titanium foil windscreen that I bought from Backpacking Light. I carried 16 oz. of alcohol and had at least 1-1/2 oz. left after 8 days (one day I didn't use it - stayed at White House Landing).
    I must admit, it was fun building all those stoves, but they, as well as my Trangia and Brasslite stove, go unused.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Yep the super cat anybody can make one i throw the the rule book out and just do it my way first row bottom ones any size the top i just use next smaller then the bottom and less then try if no good burn i keep adding more at top till i works just right.Here is one type

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YROCDH3He8

++ New Posts ++