WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 2013 thru-hike video--3.5 minutes through 14 states

Here is the condensed version of my 7 month thru-hike last year. As everyone who attempted a thru-hike knows, it was a year of challenging conditions: a late, harsh winter followed by the Norovirus followed by monsoon summer rains and a heinous mosquito plague. I'm wishing better traveling conditions for the class of 2014, but for now, this video recalls some of the adventure and beauty encountered in the last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FE-BgdV-UU

If you haven't already, please check out our Kickstarter campaign to raise support for a feature film about the Appalachian Trail. This film takes video from my thru-hike and combines it with the historical background of the AT to tell a very rich story of this beloved trail. We're attempting to raise an ambitious budget that would empower us to make the film at a high level of professional quality, but the campaign is currently lagging behind schedule with 27% of the goal raised at the halfway point. If we don't meet our funding goal by January 31st then Kickstarter will collect none of the pledged support and the film will remain un-funded.

Thanks for checking out our work. For more videos from my hike, visit www.theATmovie.com, and if you'd like to share the campaign on facebook or with your hiker friends please do--it will be a huge help! Here's the link: www.maketheATmovie.com

Thanks much for supporting this film. I'm very excited to share our Appalachian Trail movie with the AT community later this year.

- Frost

Exactly how many threads are you going to start concerning this subject, Will all the BEGGARS PLEASE GO AWAY.

Great video Frost + Sunshine and glad to back someone making a positive educational film for all people to get to experience the AT journey, especially those unable to reach their dream. Great job!
    Www.walk4heroes.me
    @walk4heroes

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    Exactly how many threads are you going to start concerning this subject, Will all the BEGGARS PLEASE GO AWAY.
    Hate to say it, but I agree. I watched the video, it was very well shot... But generally uninteresting, as are most AT videos in my opinion.

You posted it, it didn't get much attention... That doesn't mean keep posting until it does.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    I respectfully disagree. This is a forum mainly about AT . Where do you expect a prospect filmmaker go to ask for support about making a movie about AT?
    If it sounds to you like begging it may sound different to somebody else. This video also is different from the first one. Just don`t support it if you wish but please do not assume that it is futile to start a few thread about a film about AT in Whiteblaze which is about AT when we have had countless threads about Cheese.

Journal Entries

Kinda boring.....

Journal Entries
    Images

Is this a non-profit organization doing this? If not you are a for-profit business asking for my donation to help you? Need more info here. Might be a good thing for AT but need more info. OTOH I liked the video!
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

++ New Posts ++