WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Sheltowee Trace - Thru hikers / End to End Hikers

In addition to 10K who is going North to South now, we have two ladies (Michelle and Stephanie) and another young man heading north bound this week. We also have two monthly section hikes of the Trace for those who want to do the End - 2 - End of the Trace one month at a time. At this point we have 60 registered for these section hikes with about 45 now having completed the first two sections. More info on the webpage www.sheltoweetrace.org .
    Discover Kentucky's Long Tail. Join The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain, grow and preserve this national resource.

If time allows, after finishing the PT(in about 10 days), then the BMT, I'm headed to the ST for a NOBO thru-hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    If time allows, after finishing the PT(in about 10 days), then the BMT, I'm headed to the ST for a NOBO thru-hike.
    I shuttled 10-K for his Sheltowee hike. Can't guarantee my availability but PM me if you need a shuttle for your thruhike.

Images

If you are looking for some additional info on the extension of the Sheltowee into the Big South Fork and the Associations long term plans here is a article from the local paper - blog.

http://discoverscott.com/news/2013/sheltowee-trace-comes-to-oneida
    Discover Kentucky's Long Tail. Join The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain, grow and preserve this national resource.

I am want to do this trail soon. What would be the best trail guide as far as water sources, up to date resupply points, campgrounds, ect..

Quote Originally Posted by SOBO_Pace View Post
    I am want to do this trail soon. What would be the best trail guide as far as water sources, up to date resupply points, campgrounds, ect..
    TABA's guide was written based on his thruhiking the Trace about 2 1/2 years ago. It's available from the STA Trading Post here. I encourage you to peruse the website for other info on the Trace including maps.

If you want to hike "soon," I suggest starting in the next 1-3 weeks because the Trace is at its best before the leaves come out so that you can see all the rock formations more easily. I day-hiked 6 miles along the Big South Fork today and the wildflowers are already starting.

I can shuttle you for a thruhike or major section hike provided I have no schedule conflicts.

From today's hike:

006.jpg013.jpg018.jpg026.jpg036.jpg039.jpg046.jpg047.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Just a curious question. What is the PT you are refering to here? I just finished a thru-hike of the Palmetto Trail and wrote a Thru-Hiker's Manual for the Palmetto Trail. My guess is the PT you refer to here is the Pinhoti Trail.
    Taba
    http://thruhikersmanual.com

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Pinhoti Trail....

++ New Posts ++