WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Exclamation Twin Lakes, CO Post Office Closing

That's right - the post office in Twin Lakes CO is closing June 06. Contact the General Store at 719-486-2196 regarding how to send resupply packages there

Exclamation Twin Lakes General Store Mail Drop CHANGE

To Whom It May Concern, I'd like to help update CDT news in CO. We are the Twin Lakes General Store (new owners). My wife and I are enthusiastic about hikers visiting! We have multiple food choices, ice cream, backpacking meals, supplies, jet boil gas, three cabins- only one for sure this summer to be available $30/one room. Changing: the post office will likely be converted to mailbox units. We will pick up mail sent to us (that will be temporarily diverted 26 miles away from us) after June 6th- we are no longer a full service post office or correct address... IMPORTANT: Mail your packages to us and we'll do our damn'dest to keep yours with the others we have gathered. We'll strive to sell/supply/service your needs. We know the route delivery contractor and postmaster, and they know us. Send your essentials to: Twin Lakes General Store, Carl & Katie Bryan 6451 e hwy 82 Twin Lakes, CO 81251 We don't have showers, but would like to host backpackers. The bad news: our bath house is out of service until we can get a plumber. National Forest visitor center and bathrooms are just across the highway though. Please share this, visit our website, facebook, email or call if you must: www.twinlakesgs.com [email protected] 719-486-2196 Looking forward to it! Regards, Carl & Katie Twin Lakes General Store www.twinlakesgs.com 719-486-2196

Images

I look forward to visiting you in September.

Images

Just an update, you could definitely resupply at the general store, and you can still mail a package there, just send it c/o Twin Lakes General Store and use its address and zip. No problem, except the PO didn't update the tracking info so I didn't know until I called there whether the package had arrived. The new owners are great! I stopped in during by CT thru and found everything I needed.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

Thumbs up Twin Lakes General Store updated store info

Quote Originally Posted by twinlakesgs View Post
    To Whom It May Concern, I'd like to help update ...
    Regards, Carl & Katie Twin Lakes General Store
    6451 E Hwy 82
    Twin Lakes, CO 81251

www.twinlakesgs.com

I was just going to share a more recent post and offer some current info:
    pmags.com says "Looks to really hiker friendly! http://www.twinlakesgs.com"

The Twin Lakes General Store website has more information at www.twinlakesgs.com but you can count on convenience store items in stock with a small camping supply. Mountain house meals, Cliff Bars, Knorr Pasta and tuna are just a few examples of regularly in stock items. the website lists more like camp fuels, aquamira, etc. Ice cream, beer, and liquor are popular too! Hours may vary but it's at least 8-7 and an after hours option if you need to call. Packages can be shipped to our physical address, but USPS cannot send packages out. Our UPS guy is the best you need to setup an account to ship it out. There are numerous hotel, cabin and B&B options but no simple hotel, showers or laundry.

ALSO, the Twin Lakes Inn has the best dinner options. My description would be: high quality food, dinner by reservation and priced accordingly.

Patrick “Gumby” Basso reports: Lodging at Twin Lakes Inn. Very Clean and New. The food at the Twin Lakes Inn is very good.
    – Great apple glaze pork spare ribs – yummy + beer.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Actually, pmags says something a bit different....

"General store with basic backpacking food and supplies. Could resupply here if not overly picky (mac n cheese, ramen, etc. ) Post office in Twin Lakes CO is closing June 06 2013. Contact the General Store at 719-486-2196 regarding how to send resupply packages there More info from the new owners here. Looks to really hiker friendly! http://www.twinlakesgs.com/Two small motels. Other lodging (cabins, lodges) just outside of “town”." Patrick “Gumby” Basso reports: Lodging at Twin Lakes Inn. Very Clean and New. The food at the Twin Lakes Inn is very good. – Great apple glaze pork spare ribs – yummy + beer.

Source: Me

I have update it slightly with reference to your post. Space is limited so I just linked to it.

Last edited by Mags; 07-12-2015 at 18:48.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

++ New Posts ++