Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Hey Scooterdogma, I'm a "first-timer" on this website. Thanks for sharing your gear list. I'm constantly looking for new ways to adjust pack weight. I have been trying to find the O'tom and noticed it on your list. I haven't seen it yet around here, mostly places in UK. Can you tell me were you were able to purchase yours? I'll be reading/following some of your journals as you head North. Especially when you get to NH, might have to try to meet up with you! Man do I wish I was coming ~Kenwood

Journal Entries
    Images

hay yall!! I too am joining the ranks wth the ladysNO trail name yet in a NOBO taking train down <2 days and hours of lay over but gr8 way to see the sighs> EST Around March 20th. Been a long time dream kinda got tossed to the wayside you know life gets in the way then kids. It time to take care and do something for myself. Went thew barbaric surgery two year this coming march drop 140 lb was hitting the gym and trail as much as poss till a small hiccup wasn’t sure I was going to make it this year but feeling bettah and ready to throw cation to the wind and let life fly. Getting back to the gym and uber exited. Looking to free my mind and regain balance, nothing bettah then the gr8 out doors............

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kenwood View Post
    Hey Scooterdogma, I'm a "first-timer" on this website. Thanks for sharing your gear list. I'm constantly looking for new ways to adjust pack weight. I have been trying to find the O'tom and noticed it on your list. I haven't seen it yet around here, mostly places in UK. Can you tell me were you were able to purchase yours? I'll be reading/following some of your journals as you head North. Especially when you get to NH, might have to try to meet up with you! Man do I wish I was coming ~Kenwood
    Here ya go http://www.otom.com/how-to-remove-a-tick

Hi all,
    I 53 and starting my hike beginning of March with my daughter. She took this year off from school.

Hello... Newbie to whiteblaze here. I just registered as an official thru hiker class of 2014. Did I really just say that? I am excited nervous and glad there'll be other ladies out there. I don't really have experience and I am too lazy to research, but I'm all in for adventure, challenge, and probably a lot of mental anguish. I'm starting the access trail on march 4 or 5 depending on what time my ride drops me off and leaves me for death. I'm hoping to have a veteran hiker hold the back of my seat for the first 30 miles or so until I get my land legs. But that commitment is not yet solid so we'll see.

Hello everyone!
    I am planning my thru hike for somewhere between 3/16 and 3/31 next month. I have decided to go alone and am looking for advice/reassurance that it will be the best idea. I thought of trying to meet someone about the same age leaving at same time to start the trail with, but have heard that I will meet plenty of people in Georgia and will make friends quickly.

I am mostly nervous about camping alone (never done this!) but I have a lot of backpacking and camping experience, just with groups of friends. Do people think it is a safe shot to start alone and expect company along the way? I am still open to the idea of starting with someone who has similar start dates, preferably a female! I am 29 and am coming from snowy Boston.

Hi ladies, I am 38 and hiking only half of the AT with my hiking dog Daisy. I am starting mid-May. I'm a newbie, a bit nervous. Anyone else starting then. I was not able to start in March which may be a good thing to avoid the crowds however, I also don't want to be alone the majority of the time because I am getting a late start.

Hi PJT, are you hiking again in 2014? I'm also hiking with my dog Daisy in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by littlehass84 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I am planning my thru hike for somewhere between 3/16 and 3/31 next month. I have decided to go alone and am looking for advice/reassurance that it will be the best idea. I thought of trying to meet someone about the same age leaving at same time to start the trail with, but have heard that I will meet plenty of people in Georgia and will make friends quickly.

I am mostly nervous about camping alone (never done this!) but I have a lot of backpacking and camping experience, just with groups of friends. Do people think it is a safe shot to start alone and expect company along the way? I am still open to the idea of starting with someone who has similar start dates, preferably a female! I am 29 and am coming from snowy Boston.
    You will meet a lot of people starting to hike the trail at the same time. You will make friends very quickly, IMHO. No worries!

Hello ladies! I will be starting the trail this year with my trail Sheltie. Pack weight will be approx. 35 lbs with food, water, winter cloths and additional doggy gear. See you all on the trail! Wooooooo!!

Journal Entries

OK ladies ! I am 60.5 years old. I have purchased my airplane ticket and booked at room at Hiker Hostel. March 26. My gear is all over the floor right now. See you there.
    Cake

I also would like to see how you keep your pack weight to 20 lbs. I hiked 700 miles on the AT in 2008 and carried 40 lbs!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marcieme2 View Post
    I also would like to see how you keep your pack weight to 20 lbs. I hiked 700 miles on the AT in 2008 and carried 40 lbs!
    Post # 62 in this Thread, I publicly posted it

Hi,

I'm trying to get my gear ready also. Would you mind sending me your list ?

Thanks a ton.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
++ New Posts ++