WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT tattoo

Default AT tattoo

The previous thread Big Dawg posted a pic of a AT logo tattoo got my thinking. My family is thru hiking, currrently in New Hampshire, and both said if they finish they want a tattoo. My daughter says she is getting the AT symbol, (A on top of T) on her foot, since her feet got her there. Anyone else out there got a AT tattoo? Any good ideas?

I saw a guy last summer with a "blaze" on his shoulder, and it was about the actual size of one. I thought that was pretty cool. MEGA would be cool if you went south, or NoBo if the other way. Maybe something that incorporates your trail name.

Section Hiker

I'm not a big tattoo person, but I think that sounds really cool, especially the AT on the foot!

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

Images

One thing to keep in mind is logos have different meanings to different people. The meanings also change over time.

For example the GI Joe Adventure Team logo is very similar to the AT logo

What happens if one day a street gang or nazi hate group adopts a similar logo a few years from now?

For example an Indiana university tee shirt can get you killed in some parts of Chicago. The IU logo looks very much like the Folk Nation logo. You can take off a tee shirt.

Images

I got my AT tattoo similar to the AT conf. logo it represents a very cold night on Silers bald In which I was hypothermic watching the sun rise over the mountains knowing I had been in a difficult place and survived. It's not complete yet once I finish it will have a boot imprint around it.IMG_0076.jpg
    "Sometimes you have to make a clean break from the past to make a new beginning"

Quote Originally Posted by Waterbuffalo View Post
    I got my AT tattoo similar to the AT conf. logo it represents a very cold night on Silers bald In which I was hypothermic watching the sun rise over the mountains knowing I had been in a difficult place and survived. It's not complete yet once I finish it will have a boot imprint around it.IMG_0076.jpg
    Nice!.......

I was thinking an AT logo embedded in the middle of a boot print would make a great tattoo. Apparently I'm not the only one!!

But no AT tattoo for me until I'm successful on my thru-hike.
    Double Wide is now BLUEBERRY
    Northbound (2nd Attempt) March 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ItsGodsWater View Post
    I saw a guy last summer with a "blaze" on his shoulder, and it was about the actual size of one. I thought that was pretty cool. MEGA would be cool if you went south, or NoBo if the other way. Maybe something that incorporates your trail name.
    Just paint one on. More realistic. Also easier and cheaper to get rid down the road.

I never wanted a tattoo but a few months ago I saw this and have been considering it since. I would probably get two or three and alternate left-right-left like you are walking. And maybe get it on my calf.

photo(30).jpg

I got the AT symbol tat after my 2006 thru, it's a circle about the size of a medium cup with the symbol inside and it simply says 2000 miler with 2x under it but when i finished the trail in 2012 i had the 2 covered with a 3

Images

I have been considering a white blaze with the AT symbol in it on my calf..and when and if I do complete a thru the date would be incorporated somewhere

Just remember that white ink is the hardest to keep from fading, and thus the most painful ink to get done. They have to dig deeper and more often to get white ink to look good.
    Double Wide is now BLUEBERRY
    Northbound (2nd Attempt) March 2017

There are new inks, white isn't as difficult as it used to be. I have a blaze on my left ankle, and a blue AT symbol on my right. I'll add the year to that one when I thru, and a red line up my calf as a trail map, with a couple other things added that relate to events on the hike. Don't get inked lightly. I have many, my only regret was the first one, I should have put more thought into it instead of being impulsive.

Images

My plan is to die with AT, LT, PCT and CDT tattoo's on my worn out, backpacked body.

Burn me up, dig a hole, use my ashes as fertilizer, plant a tree

I have lived now I will feed..............

If I finish, I am getting 2178.3 on my calf.
    The funniest thing, I think, about the trail, is that I was almost always so inexplicably happy. Every night I had the most bizarrely cheerful dreams.
    Late Bloomer

Quote Originally Posted by evansprater View Post
    That'd be like getting one of chinese language tattoos that doesn't really say what you thot it said.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    That'd be like getting one of chinese language tattoos that doesn't really say what you thot it said.
    How do you figure? The number would mean something to evansprater, and it's in a language that he knows, unlike most people and their Chinese characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter503 View Post
    How do you figure? The number would mean something to evansprater, and it's in a language that he knows, unlike most people and their Chinese characters.
    Always worried about getting a tat in Chinese characters. If you don't read Chinese, it may not say what you think.......

Quote Originally Posted by evansprater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter503 View Post
    Because 2178.3 was the 2009 mileage. 2185.9 is the current length. Newspapers and websites get the number wrong all the time.

I've been section hiking for a few years now, and hope to thru hike in the next couple years. Got this done last year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++