WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Rubberband man

Images

Default Rubberband man

I am not advocating any specific 'brand'. Am inquiring if anyone has had sucess with the "prostretch" device for plantar dysfunction/inflamation? Any other techniques, regemines, meditations, for plantar dysfunction. Looking for natural, holistic input. If "ibuprofen' is the first thing to come to mind, please do not even bother to respond to this inquiry.

Images

I googled it, many different snake oils and excersizes. I am bothered by it in the morning......those few minutes before I get up I do stretches of my feet. Twist side to side,point my toes, fold my foot back upwards. Kind of like isometric presses, if you get my meaning. I will do them in the evening, hiking, when I take my boots off, or in the car driving back from a walk. It has worked for me.

Find a pair of supportive insoles you like and wear them all the time. I used to use Superfeet but have recently switched to SOLE heat moldable insoles for most of my shoes. I even wear houseslippers with added insoles whereas I used to prefer barefoot around the house.

I also do the stretches at least twice per day. Foot stretches, calf stretches, hamstring stretches. It only take a couple of minutes.

Walking is still OK (for me) but anything jarring is avoided. I'm not much of a runner anyway. I usually take the first few steps easy to warm up before hitting my stride.

From everything I've read and experienced, it takes time to heal. Usually on the order of several months.

Images

Mine finally healed, in about 4 months. I wore 'Heel That Pain' inserts in my work shoes, and a boot, then the 'Strassburg Sock', as long as I could stand them while sleeping. Even took the sock on the trail for short hikes. Anti-inflamatories(holistic or otherwise) help, as does stretching.
    Last edited by chiefduffy; 10-03-2013 at 03:20.
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

I suffered for about a year in both feet. Mine was related to very tight calf muscles. I stretch several times a day, and foam roll morning and night. If I go on a long run or have a big weekend of hiking, I usually still have pain. Ice and a PF boot seems to help.

++ New Posts ++