WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Mystic 2006, Michael D. Smith Jr.

Michael D. Smith, Jr., 33, a life-long resident of the Monadnock Region, passed away peacefully at his home in Keene, on Tuesday, October 15, 2013.
    Mystic-06.jpg

He was born July 23, 1980 in Keene, New Hampshire, the son of Susan (Brumaghim) and Michael D. Smith, Sr. He was a 1999 graduate of Monadnock Regional High School.

Mike had a very out-going and up-beat personality, and was always able to find the good in bad situations and never judged anyone. He was an accomplished musician and enjoyed writing music and playing with his Dad. Mike was an enthusiastic thru-hiker who completed The Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine, The Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada, and The Long Trail from Vermont to Canada and was given the trail name "Mystic" due to his peaceful and positive nature. He loved sharing stories of his time on the trails and the many wonderful people he met along the way. He also had a deep passion of photography and a keen eye to capture some of the most beautiful scenes in life with his camera.

He is survived by his parents: Michael D. and Susan Smith, Sr., of Bennington, NH, his brother: Jason Smith of Bennington, NH, his grandmother: Marion Brumaghim of Peterborough, NH, two aunts: Judy Davidson and her husband Rick of Jaffrey, NH and Muff Caisse and her husband Don of Temple, NH, three uncles: Thomas Brumaghim and his wife Michelle of New Ipswich, NH, Steve Brumaghim and his wife Suzi of Troy, NH and Richard Brumaghim of Alstead, NH, and several cousins, extended family members and many friends.. He is predeceased by his grandfather: Richard Brumaghim.

A Celebration of Life will be held at the Keene Elk's Lodge on Roxbury Street in Keene, NH, on November 2, 2013 from 2 to 5pm. Family and friends are invited to come share their stories and memories of Mike.

In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to The Appalachian Trail Conservancy, PO Box 807, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, 25425 or you may make donations on their website:http://appalachiantrail.org/donate
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Michael D. Smith, Jr., 33, a life-long resident of the Monadnock Region, passed away peacefully at his home in Keene, on Tuesday, October 15, 2013.

In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to The Appalachian Trail Conservancy, PO Box 807, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, 25425 or you may make donations on their website:www.appalachiantrial.org/donate.
    Condolences to his loved ones and friends.

Troll, please correct the link to the website. It is misspelled.
    Trillium

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Trillium View Post
    Condolences to his loved ones and friends.

Troll, please correct the link to the website. It is misspelled.
    Thank you for pointing that out Trillium. I have corrected it.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

CDT - 2013, PCT - 2009, AT - 1300 miles done burger's Avatar

This is sad news. PCTers from the class of 2009 may remember that Mystic put together the class videos for that year: http://www.youtube.com/user/atmystic06/videos

Om Mani Padme Hum

Journal Entries
    Images

I think I may have met this young man.....my condolences........

My condolences to one who passed too young. May his family and friends find support through each other during these next tough months. Much love from your whole hiking family.

...was given the trail name "Mystic" due to his peaceful and positive nature. He loved sharing stories of his time on the trails and the many wonderful people he met along the way. He also had a deep passion of photography and a keen eye to capture some of the most beautiful scenes in life with his camera."

YUP!, met him in 2006 on the AT. They have the comments above exactly to a T as I saw him. Always seemed to be positive, cooperative, genuine, and peaceful. If I remember correctly he carried a nice camera as well. Hopefully, I'll have the pleasure to meet him again. I'm expecting to get some insightful trail beta from him on what hikes he has recently done.

++ New Posts ++