WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View Post
    and your point is? Better change your tag line if you want to be so negative all the time. Oh BTY check your spelling.
    You hit that nail on the head.

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

WingedMonkey: Scientology? No, that's a different company. They used to do a lot of electric power arbitrage. N. Ron Hubbard.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

You guys are right I do work a fryer sometimes but I think workng a fryer is a worthy sacrifice if it allows me to hike

Quote Originally Posted by sharper8 View Post
    You guys are right I do work a fryer sometimes but I think workng a fryer is a worthy sacrifice if it allows me to hike
    Your Twenty and already in management. Stick with it and at thirty you'll make more then most other "professions" and won't have $80 to $100k in student loan debt sucking the life out of you. What does a Chic Filet General Manager make? If it's like McDonalds it's around $80K and a District Manager is around $120K. Not bad!

The "professional" degree jobs are easily outsourced. Just ask any computer tech or banking employee. McDonalds has never done any major reductions of staff in it's history. Not many jobs can say this.

Or become a plumber. They can make more then doctors after student loans and insurance.

You think rightly, methinks.

Do what you gotta do, ignore the negativity, and enjoy your hike.

I will purchase a spicy chicken sandwich and waffle fries to celebrate this great news.

Journal Entries
    Images

congrats!!! and ignore the azzholes around here... i don't care if you shovel ****...and neither should any of the others on here...it would be interesting to know some of the professions of those criticizing... good luck to you on your hike!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gizzy bear View Post
    congrats!!! and ignore the azzholes around here... i don't care if you shovel ****...and neither should any of the others on here...it would be interesting to know some of the professions of those criticizing... good luck to you on your hike!!!
    Just some more embittered/ burnt out "professionals"

Ignored warnings get dancing bananas - Mags
    Last edited by Mags; 10-31-2012 at 13:50.

Politics, even those I agree with, are way off topic here. Let's be happy for a fellow hiker.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Congrats on being able to do the hike! Ignore negative comments, be proud of the job you have. If you are a janitor than you should try to be the best janitor that ever was. Already in management at 20, you are heading in the right direction. Good luck my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Bill View Post
    Politics, even those I agree with, are way off topic here. Let's be happy for a fellow hiker.
    True, completely true.

Ignore me (and bask in my jealousy. I have no chance of getting 5 months off)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    I was a manager at twenty. Food service is a profession where results are the only thing that matters. Age, degrees, race, gender are all b.s.
    +1 ... Imagine the thought of results + integrity (in combination) as the measure of an employee's value and "promotability".

Congrats Sharper8! I hope you have the time of your life on the trail.
    Biggie

I will tell you all this, I know the controversy in the media has been overwhelming for Chick-fil-a but ask yourself this, Has anyone you know of any race, creed, religion, sexual preference/ orientation ever been denied service at one of our restaurants? I am personally seeking my own Cfa restaurant hopefully I will have one near the A.T. so I can offer a thru hiker special haha but I am very excited about my hike it is a once in a life time opportunity for me. I have worked very hard to be where I am with my life and Career. I am starting early but I hope to see all of you on the trail . . . who knows one of you white blaze members might help me get my trail name . . . anyway happy hiking and really hike your own hike. . . no one else knows you like you do and know one else has to live with the regret of your life decisions

I will tell you all this, I know the controversy in the media has been overwhelming for Chick-fil-a but ask yourself this, Has anyone you know of any race, creed, religion, sexual preference/ orientation ever been denied service at one of our restaurants? I am personally seeking my own Cfa restaurant hopefully I will have one near the A.T. so I can offer a thru hiker special haha but I am very excited about my hike it is a once in a life time opportunity for me. I have worked very hard to be where I am with my life and Career. I am starting early but I hope to see all of you on the trail . . . who knows one of you white blaze members might help me get my trail name . . . anyway happy hiking and really hike your own hike. . . no one else knows you like you do and know one else has to live with the regret of your life decisions
    You have a great attitude, and a good dose of maturity, too. Sorry I can't say that for everyone who replied to your post. Keep up posted on your progress with your hike!

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    You have a great attitude, and a good dose of maturity, too. Sorry I can't say that for everyone who replied to your post. Keep up posted on your progress with your hike!
    Train wreck I will be posting a few things about my gear list soon please give me some feed back and be critical, i'd rather be embarrassed on white blaze than freeze my butt off 500 miles from home

Just remember that in Feb it gets COLD in them hills! Hopefully you can dehydrate some chicken sandwiches for the trail. You could get the hiker name "trail chicken" or "chicken sandwich" for those things.

Images

I think your trail name should start as "The Manager" until one is earned on the trail.

"Eat more chicken" would be a nice trail name

Section Hiker

By the time you finish the AT working at Chik Fila will not be on your mind - it would seem like going to prison (minimum security). Follow what your soul wants at that time and don't give it short change.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++