WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Where to find...

Hydropel.

It seems that BodyGlide Sticks took over (which I hate). Can only find online anymore but don't want to pay the extra shipping and handling. Tried every running/outfitter/pharmacy/etc. place in the area. Closest I've come to finding a similar replacement is diaper rash ointment and BodyGlide Liquified Powder. They're ok, I guess, but it's not the same dang it...

Check bicycle shops.
    Last edited by Tinker; 02-10-2012 at 18:40.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

I think I've sean it in local dive shops.

http://bamahiker.blog.com/ Freedom Walker's Avatar
    Images

I have bought it at Sports Authority and Dicks sporting goods,
    Freedom Walker, I am free to Walk, I am free to Run, I m free to live for You Lord Jesus, I am FREE!

He who the Son sets free, is free indeed.
    Visit my blog Free To Hike

Dicks, Dunhams, MC Sports all carry it. Ask. It is usually moved to the area of the "sport of the season."

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Walker View Post
    I have bought it at Sports Authority and Dicks sporting goods,
    Neither of the Sports Authority's have heard of it, and the only Dicks doesn't have them in stock. They suggested I order it online...which kind of defeats the purpose:/

I'm still on the hunt. I've checked two of the three bike shops. They know what it is but thus far, are now just carrying Body Glide Sticks. The last bike shop was closed today. I never thought to check dive shops, thanks Snowman. Thanks for the ideas.

I bought some today from Blue Ridge Mt. Sports, when I got a few dry sacks online. The total was over 50.00, so I got shipping free. If you still have purchases to make, you might combine them. Just a thought, I didn't want to pay shipping either and I live 100 miles from an outfitter, so it was not in any store near here in B.F.E. TENNESSEE where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by hikergurl View Post
    I'm still on the hunt. I've checked two of the three bike shops. They know what it is but thus far, are now just carrying Body Glide Sticks. The last bike shop was closed today. I never thought to check dive shops, thanks Snowman. Thanks for the ideas.
    If you ship it to a store or if they have this option, the shipping is free.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMP View Post
    If you ship it to a store or if they have this option, the shipping is free.
    I asked about this and the two associates I talked with didn't seem to know.

Basically, I gave up and used the BodyGlide Liquified Powder. I can tell it's not quite the same but I am getting the same results (no blisters, barely any hot spot), which is what really matters. And really, when it's half the price of Hydropel, why would I complain. Thanks for the help, guys.

Next time around, I might try SportSlick.

R.E.I. has them and they ship free http://www.rei.com/product/745879/bo...-formula-13-oz

Quote Originally Posted by hikergurl View Post
    I asked about this and the two associates I talked with didn't seem to know.

Basically, I gave up and used the BodyGlide Liquified Powder. I can tell it's not quite the same but I am getting the same results (no blisters, barely any hot spot), which is what really matters. And really, when it's half the price of Hydropel, why would I complain. Thanks for the help, guys.

Next time around, I might try SportSlick.
    The Sportslick works great and is cheaper. They claim it also cures jock itch and athlete's feet as it contains an anti bacterial anti fungus formula. It's why I went with it. I've been totally blister/itch free since using it. I highly recommend it.

++ New Posts ++