WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Trail Days website online

The new Trail Days website is now being done by a professional website designer: http://www.traildays.us/

It's online now and will be updated frequently until Trail Days. If you have suggestions or additions, please use the contact page. We look forward to seeing you at Trail Days.

a good number of the manufacturer reps will not be at the campground this year. quite a few will be set up behind Sundog Outfitters

Right, Wolf, and that's why I'm no longer on the TD committee. Charging volunteers to volunteer, and charging them $100, is just greed. This was a town council decision and I think it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    a good number of the manufacturer reps will not be at the campground this year. quite a few will be set up behind Sundog Outfitters
    and also at Mount Rogers outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by Local View Post
    Right, Wolf, and that's why I'm no longer on the TD committee. Charging volunteers to volunteer, and charging them $100, is just greed. This was a town council decision and I think it's stupid.
    Seems like a pretty inclusive list at the campground. Is this list not accurate?

Manufacturers represented at the campground include: LEKI Trekking Poles Mountain Hardware Snowpeak Katadyn Montrail Nomad, Inc Gregory Osprey MSR Vasque Big Agnes Granite Gear AKU footwear Helinox Trekking Poles Backpacker Magazine Etowah Princeton Tec Birkenstock Ruff Wear Therm-A-Rest
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

So campers will have to carry their stuff from the parking lot to their campsite? I actually think this will be good in that it will keep the dirt road from becoming a swamp...hopefully. Does this, I wonder, apply to early arrivals? Last year we were allowed in the day before to drop on gear and then get our car out of there.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Newb, I'm not sure what will happen at the campground concerning parking and getting your gear into the woods. You might want to send an e-mail to the town clerk, "Tuesday Pope" <damascusclerk @ embarqmail.com>, (remove the spaces) and see what her information is.

I'm also not sure how many of the manufacturers' representatives will be at the campground, how many at Sundog, or how many at MRO. Wolf, do you have a count on this? The list that is on the website was on there before the town council slapped the $100 fee on them. Did I mention that I think this was a stupid idea?

Newb, I'm not sure what will happen at the campground concerning parking and getting your gear into the woods. You might want to send an e-mail to the town clerk, "Tuesday Pope" <damascusclerk @ embarqmail.com>, (remove the spaces) and see what her information is.

I'm also not sure how many of the manufacturers' representatives will be at the campground, how many at Sundog, or how many at MRO. Wolf, do you have a count on this? The list that is on the website was on there before the town council slapped the $100 fee on them. Did I mention that I think this was a stupid idea?
    it sounds like most, if not all gear reps will be in town at the outfitters

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

So sad...I will miss all the hubbub this year...
    I'll be in ridgerunning school.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

No gear reps at the campground = more parking. I can't say it bothers me if they're not there.

Newb, the reps have provided a great service to hikers in the past. I've personally seen them repairing equipment (at no cost), replacing broken equipment for free, providing a lot of advice on equipment problems, providing free meals, etc. They did this all for free and the town wanted to charge them for doing this, so now none of them, repeat, none of them will be in the campground. The word I have is that all of the manufacturers' representatives have moved to either Sundog Outfitters or Mount Rogers Outfitters. The hiker feed has also been moved. I'll post this information on the Trail Days website soon.

OK, ignore everything I've said about who will be in the campground and who will not be in the campground. I'm told by one person that no one will be there, but the town clerk has at least ten registrations already from manufacturers' representatives, reserving space. There is a lot of bad information floating around so I won't convey any more of it here. As the folks at MRO just told me, we'll wait and see who shows up.

MRO doesn't have the room to have too many around them, do they?
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

i'm just the new drug dogs will get to work the crowd

i'm just the new drug dogs will get to work the crowd
    Do you know what the stuff smells like?and what to look for?

Images

Newb, the reps have provided a great service to hikers in the past. I've personally seen them repairing equipment (at no cost), replacing broken equipment for free, providing a lot of advice on equipment problems, providing free meals, etc. They did this all for free and the town wanted to charge them for doing this, so now none of them, repeat, none of them will be in the campground. The word I have is that all of the manufacturers' representatives have moved to either Sundog Outfitters or Mount Rogers Outfitters. The hiker feed has also been moved. I'll post this information on the Trail Days website soon.

I know that. I look forward to having the Leki reps fix one of my poles this year. I can't help it if the town fathers are getting greedy, I just see a silver lining in this. More parking is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Newb View Post
    I can't help it if the town fathers are getting greedy,
    I'm not going to jump on the bash the town of Damascus bandwagon without knowing all the facts. Someone has to pay for Traildays, and if charging Leki (and others) $100 is necessary to balance the books then so be it. Better the users pay for the festival than the property owners in town. $100 is pretty cheap advertising for a company like Leki.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Do you know what the stuff smells like?and what to look for?
    yup. had some idiots smokin' dope an hour ago in The Place. cops were called. no dogs though. can't wait til they get here. dopers

yup. had some idiots smokin' dope an hour ago in The Place. cops were called. no dogs though. can't wait til they get here. dopers
    Wherewolf?

We don't smoke iguana in Damascus,and we don't take our trips down at "the place"but we love our puppies as much as the next guy,even if they are working' for the police.And I'm proud to be a hiker from Damascus"the Place" where even dopers can have a ball,but if coming to smoke iguana,will be droppin dimes upon you all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++