WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A.t mugging

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog49:1282092
    Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    Reading the Posts by IrishBASTARD is like watching or listening to MSNBC. Unimformed, misinformed, mean spirited, don't know nothin' about nothin' but expert on whatever topic comes up.

Fixed the typo for ya.
    Fixing that typo sent a thrill down my leg!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog49 View Post
    Fixed the typo for ya.
    +1 on fixing the typo bulldawg49! MSNBC = government controlled media.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog49 View Post
    Fixed the typo for ya.
    Thanks. I stay away from all the cable stuff. With a 3 year old I mostly stick to Scooby, Sponge Bob Micky and Dora. Much more accurate and rewarding than news.

Is it raining yet?
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Burningtown Gap has a strange vibe to it.
    Yes it does. I have been there 2xs and felt uncomfortable both times. I very rarely feel like that in the woods.....
    Be Prepared

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    Thanks. I stay away from all the cable stuff. With a 3 year old I mostly stick to Scooby, Sponge Bob Micky and Dora. Much more accurate and rewarding than news.
    Of,you must love this one then......baack..pack..Backpack.............baack..pack..Backpack...........baack..pack..Backpack.............

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    irish bastard,I'd report it to the local police,then give the ATC a call,really not that big of a deal to make to calls.
    I would have just shot him. Less hassle. [/QUOTE]

A man after my own heart. I'd have to say someone would have got shot in the face and it wouldn't have been me.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    No need to mention it to anyone. Just keep walking.

Incorrect advice. Another fellow I know experienced an attempted mugging a couple weeks ago on the AT. I will try to catch him or someone who knows where it happened. Reporting incidents like these HELP HIKERS which is pretty great in my opinion and as a matter of FACT.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rx View Post
    +1 on fixing the typo bulldawg49! MSNBC = government controlled media.

News flash: the MAN is behind all media.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2012 View Post
    Incorrect advice. Another fellow I know experienced an attempted mugging a couple weeks ago on the AT. I will try to catch him or someone who knows where it happened. Reporting incidents like these HELP HIKERS which is pretty great in my opinion and as a matter of FACT.
    Did you catch that LN said to wack em first,still the same advice,but not as cut and dry as that second quote.and I'm not saying LN is wrong,but thats a choice,and there in lies the rub.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Last edited by Sarcasm the elf; 05-02-2012 at 09:11. Reason: Post I was responding to got deleted...
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

If anyone has something to add about this mugging please do so but don't hijack or troll the thread. Thanks.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

I am Apple the maintainer and yes, unfortunately the mugging really occurred at Burningtown gap. I was informed through formal channels and verified it many times with other hikers. It happened at night by two assailants with knives. I am a little squeamish to maintain there myself now. I will certainly not work alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    how do we know any of this really happened?
    Recent reports indicate a tree fell in the woods. Unfortunately no one was around to witness it.

Nothing to say about this anymore, this is old news get over it. when i was mugged in northern VA in 06 i didn't think about it, were thru-hikers thats who we are thats what we do. Violence is in human nature get over it RED-DOG

Is it raining yet?
    Images

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    Nothing to say about this anymore, this is old news get over it. when i was mugged in northern VA in 06 i didn't think about it, were thru-hikers thats who we are thats what we do. Violence is in human nature get over it RED-DOG
    Yea that's it. Crime happens, get over it, eh? Discussing crime trends, dangerous areas, and suspicious activities are a waste of your time I take it?You sir, are an ignoramous of the absolute highest order.
    Be Prepared

It baffles me as to how someone night hiking can get mugged. Who in the world is out looking for hikers to jump at night? It's not like the odds are in the assailant's favor of finding someone.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Never understood night hiking anyway. Taking a spill in the dark is a really fast way to end your thru hike. Too each his own and HYOH I guess.
    Live your life and I'll live mine, perhaps one day they will intertwine. SEMPER FI! 2013 SOBO

Irish Bastard is Roadside. I seriously doubt this event took place. Just because Roadside, aka Irish Bastard, says he reported this event to proper authorities, doesn't mean there was any truth to it. On another recent thread he was looking for himself on the trail and found out he had gone home. He got this info about himself from Black Bear Hostel--does anyone know where this place is?

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Chief View Post
    Irish Bastard is Roadside. I seriously doubt this event took place. Just because Roadside, aka Irish Bastard, says he reported this event to proper authorities, doesn't mean there was any truth to it. On another recent thread he was looking for himself on the trail and found out he had gone home. He got this info about himself from Black Bear Hostel--does anyone know where this place is?
    Dennis Cove Road, Hampton
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Thanks, that must be the re-opened hostel down the road from Kincora. If you go through Irish Bastard's previous postings you'll find an entry in September where he takes the trail name Roadside and at least one other posting where he signs off as Roadside. Interesting character.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++