WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ROADSIDE Search

Default ROADSIDE Search

Looking for "ROADSIDE" he has to be the coolest hiker I have met hands down. We chilled in Franklin & Hot Springs he averages about twenty a day...though I dont know how. Lost about forty pounds since starting...thousand cal diet a day. Just seems like a really down to Earth guy who isnt full of ****...but hiking hope. He has kept me from quitting thru texts and talking to me...where no one else cared. He is all about everyone finishing not just him...that means something. He s about 5'11 Brown/Red/Grey beard about two hundred pounds...always smiling and cheerful. You see him please tell him..."Jumping Johnnie" said whats up. Thanks everyone

Images

I believe the hiker robbed at Burningtown Gap last month was named Roadside. I would also like to communicate with him since I am the maintainer at the gap. I always assumed I was safe working there but not so sure now... Apple

The Local Johnny Reb
    Images

that's terrible if this is the same Roadside.

I hate how bad things always seem to happen to good people.
    -Jason

Hi irishbastard Don't worry bro he's probably scared after the burningtown Gap incicdent he's laying low and probably hiking at a faster pace right know. i went thru same type of thing in northern VA in 2006 i must of did 200 miles in 5 days the natahalas is always a dangerous place you got to really watch your back in that section. No worries bro he will probably turn up at trail days. he's like a jack rabbit right know. i will see you up the trail RED-DOG

UPDATE: Heard from the Owners of Black Bear hostel...which btw is an awesome hostel. He is OFF TRAIL I repeat OFF TRAIL. Got information from them his Uncle passed away late last night...so he is headed home for the Funeral. Heard it cost him some major cash even for a bus...but he is a stand up guy helps hikers and still smiles after this. Hope the best to him they said he would be back next monday or so. My best hopes and prayers are with you if you read this "Roadside".

ROADSIDE--sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. i hope things are taken care of so that you can continue your hike. "queen" and i met you at icewater shelter, you gave me a whole pack of moleskin, which i needed & used. thanks again for your kindness.

.com

If you look at the OP's post's, you will see that he is actually Roadside and is talking about himself. Seriously, look for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin S and A View Post
    If you look at the OP's post's, you will see that he is actually Roadside and is talking about himself. Seriously, look for yourself.
    If that's the case, maybe I will start carrying two cell phones so I can text myself if I get extra lonely on the trail......
    I hold my wife's purse at the mall to stay close to my testes.

Images

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbrown View Post
    That doesn't make any sense at all.
    ok, just read the other thread...now I get it.

Images

Busted!

Images

Images

If he was hiking the trail to "find himself" he didn't.

Images

"really down to Earth guy" seems to have just disappeared.

Images

Wondering whether the whole robbed thing was a hoax since he seems to be great at story telling and make believe.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnkngxt View Post
    Wondering whether the whole robbed thing was a hoax since he seems to be great at story telling and make believe.
    Back on the now-closed thread reporting the mugging, note that Post #52 was from Appel who confirmed that a mugging had occurred and was reported. Appel is a credible source. Now as to the involvement of Irish Bastard/Roadside, who knows?

Its obvious that he wants people to hear about the legendary Roadside (so cool and such a faster hiker than EVERYONE!!!) and also play the sympathy card to probably yogi his way onto other REAL hikers. If you look at his posts he always fighting someone or yelling some dogma for everyone to follow. In one posts he flips out because of his definition of a thru hiker and says he cant abide liars. What a hypocrite. Almost positive he wont make the thru- every real hiker (thru or sectioner) knows that the douche bags are weeded out pretty quick.

At any rate, both have pretty much disappeared since Moose "exposed" them...

Reference the mugging, just because something is reported doesn't mean it happened. Check the TJ posting of TruBlue on March 24th the date of the mugging. She spent the night at Burningtown Gap and was joined by at least one other hiker. No mention at all of this alleged incident. Her posts for the next several days do not mention the event nor do any hikers in that area during that time mention a mugging. There's no way it would not have been posted all over Trailjournals if it had happened.

http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=371165

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++