PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally finished too!!!!

Sly
08-24-2005, 22:53
Atleast It appears that way. My posts on non-AT forums are being censored and monitored. That's never happened to me before on a host of sites and lists. even on Trailplace when I disagreed with WF.

Anyone else having this problem?

attroll
08-25-2005, 01:09
Atleast It appears that way. My posts on non-AT forums are being censored and monitored. That's never happened to me before on a host of sites and lists. even on Trailplace when I disagreed with WF.

Well Sly I am not the one censoring them. I don't event read the non-AT forums unless something catches my eye. So I have no clue to what you are talkng about. The only other one that has access to censor them is Rock. I don't think Rock would do that either.

max patch
08-25-2005, 07:44

It happened to RickB yesterday and it also happened to me. The explanation should be interesting.

SGT Rock
08-25-2005, 07:53
Hmmmm, I don't know what the issue would be. I am certainly not doing it. Is there a possibility there is a database glitch?

Sly
08-25-2005, 09:38
The grinch that stole the non_AT forums is still at it... even knows when I repeat a post without displaying either.

attroll
08-25-2005, 11:50
Sly what happened could you explain? Did the post disapear? I know the server crashed the other day so if the post was lost that could be the reason why.

Sly
08-25-2005, 11:53
troll, as Rick explained, when trying to post to the non-AT forums when hitting the send button a window pops up saying the post is being moderated and will be displayed later upon approval.

Let me try again and see if I can capture the words exactly.

rhjanes
08-25-2005, 12:31
OH!!! I know what is going on (I think).

I'm a super-moderator at a drum forum.

Someone/how, your ID has been flagged to be moderated. They are queing up!!! The moderator of the forum, has to then logon and either accept (which will post your posting in the forum, at the correct thread and time it was originally posted), or deny them (they are purged). They can do this all at once, or post by post. It is handy with "trouble" makers.

You mentioned a server crash. That is exactly when this started to happen on the drum forum. Some folks were placed into the "que" for some reason. It to a ADMIN to remove them from the que. In the mean time, I (As moderator) was loggin in a few times a day and "realeasing" the post.

The admins need alerted. :-?

Lone Wolf
03-19-2009, 03:54

not me. i play by the rules

mweinstone
03-19-2009, 04:52
wolfs a goody goody wow. i gotta get new friends .

Survivor Dave
03-19-2009, 06:24
For some strange reason, when I click the go back icon, I get a "phantom" PM from Jan Liteshoe over and over again. I click on it and there is no message. It was the last PM I received. Wierd. Internet Explorer 8 maybe?

CowHead
03-19-2009, 06:46
The woods are calling time to move slowly away from your puter and run--don't look back head to them hills....

Egads
03-19-2009, 06:48
The admins need alerted. :-?

Rock & ATTroll have been alerted

max patch
03-19-2009, 06:54

Yeah, 3 1/2 years ago.

rickb
03-19-2009, 07:01

Then why revive a thread that is years old?

And wasn't it your posts that got that thread on the suitability of black powder derringers to be closed? At least in part.

Tin Man
03-19-2009, 07:05
Then why revive a thread that is years old?

And wasn't it your posts that got that thread on the suitability of black powder derringers to be closed? At least in part.

it's a hobby of his :)

Egads
03-19-2009, 07:06

Yeah, 3 1/2 years ago.

Sorry, hadn't finished my coffee yet

Tin Man
03-19-2009, 07:15
Yeah, 3 1/2 years ago.

Sorry, hadn't finished my coffee yet

that's some big pot of coffee

warraghiyagey
03-19-2009, 07:41
It's a sad day when someone like Sly is being moderated. . . hope it turns out to be a glitch and not more hijinx by the heavy handed. . .

warraghiyagey
03-19-2009, 07:48
And yes. . . I saw the date of Sly's original post. . . ;):p:)

nufsaid
03-19-2009, 07:53
It's a sad day when someone like Sly is being moderated. . . hope it turns out to be a glitch and not more hijinx by the heavy handed. . .

The sad day was back in August of 2005.

warraghiyagey
03-19-2009, 07:59

Thanks. . . :confused:

nufsaid
03-19-2009, 08:06
Thanks. . . :confused:

My post was done after your first post and before I saw your second. Chill out.

warraghiyagey
03-19-2009, 08:10
My post was done after your first post and before I saw your second. Chill out.
Thanks for the advice!! :):):):sun:sun:sun:banana:welcome

Heater
03-19-2009, 08:14

Liar Liar pants on fire.

Gaiter
03-19-2009, 09:37

but not as sad as the current lead handed moderation

hopefulhiker
03-19-2009, 09:41

Twice I have been banned. both times I have been told After the fact..If there had been a warning.. then I could have employed the "scissors in the head" like the German journalists used to do almost seventy years ago!

Been nice seeing your posts Sly.. Happy Trails!

4eyedbuzzard
03-19-2009, 09:47
but not as sad as the current lead handed moderation
Go ahead, make my day
http://bp1.blogger.com/_CUsIcUbcuLE/RnL6BfHYDsI/AAAAAAAAADQ/j9uhJygGHEA/s400/iron+fist.JPG

Smile
03-19-2009, 16:16
What happened to the "Goodbye post" from lilRed, I can't find it :)

Ekul
03-19-2009, 16:20
Go ahead, make my day
http://bp1.blogger.com/_CUsIcUbcuLE/RnL6BfHYDsI/AAAAAAAAADQ/j9uhJygGHEA/s400/iron+fist.JPG

hehe thats right handed:D

freefall
03-19-2009, 16:22
Looks like it's been zapped. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/admin.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

max patch
03-19-2009, 16:30

Gonzo! This just keeps getting better and better.

BTW, shes reading the forums (again) right now.

Just a matter of time before she comes out of retirement.

Smile
03-19-2009, 16:34
Sly - you do a great job with SoRuck and put a lot of time into it! :)

ColdFire
03-19-2009, 16:42
ROFL This happens quite abit here I've noticed :welcome

4eyedbuzzard
03-19-2009, 17:02
Looks like it's been zapped. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/admin.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/)
Yep. But by whom and why I couldn't tell ya and I mod "General". It is gone though.

I still want to know why you can't completely delete your account from Whiteblaze? Does anybody have answer to this question that makes sense? Is this legal to keep people's accounts open if they don't want to be on here?...
My guess is:
1) It isn't an "account". There is no commercial/contractual obligation.
2) TOS 8: Posts become the copyright property of WhiteBlaze...
3) Copyright notice
All content posted on the message boards and gallery of WhiteBlaze are the exclusive intellectual property of WhiteBlaze and the poster. Copyright ownership resides in that content by WhiteBlaze and the poster. Anyone other than WhiteBlaze seeking to reprint, republish, or reproduce content posted on the WhiteBlaze message boards must receive the express written permission from the Webmaster of the WhiteBlaze forum in which the content was posted or the poster.

This would include your screen name, aka your account.

Tin Man
03-19-2009, 17:04
Yep. But by whom and why I couldn't tell ya and I mod "General". It is gone though.

My guess is:
1) It isn't an "account". There is no commercial/contractual obligation.
2) TOS 8: Posts become the copyright property of WhiteBlaze...
3) Copyright notice
All content posted on the message boards and gallery of WhiteBlaze are the exclusive intellectual property of WhiteBlaze and the poster. Copyright ownership resides in that content by WhiteBlaze and the poster. Anyone other than WhiteBlaze seeking to reprint, republish, or reproduce content posted on the WhiteBlaze message boards must receive the express written permission from the Webmaster of the WhiteBlaze forum in which the content was posted or the poster.

This would include your screen name, aka your account.

WE ARE OWNED?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

freefall
03-19-2009, 17:18
WE ARE OWNED?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://static.mmoabc.com/my/D/a/f/tshadow/2008/11/12//1226516489102.jpg

ed bell
03-19-2009, 17:46
Yep. But by whom and why I couldn't tell ya and I mod "General". It is gone though.I'm a moderator in "General" as well. I haven't touched it. The other moderator is Bearpaw and he is on the Pinhoti Trail this week.

Smile
03-19-2009, 17:55
:)

Lugnut
03-19-2009, 18:05
Facebook wanted to keep some personal information. All they keep he are your random musings. Big difference.

Smile
03-19-2009, 18:10
Facebook wanted to keep some personal information. All they keep he are your random musings. Big difference.

Yeah, there is a difference you're right Lugnut.

I hope things get happy on here soon, it's such a great resource for hikers!

4eyedbuzzard
03-19-2009, 18:14
So, what if a poster doesn't want to be here, and wants to delete his or her account - it should be his choice. Should the site 'own' your thoughts or posts or whatever, should they?

I thought you could opt out anytime and get deleted, Facebook just went through heck over this didn't they?

If someone doesn't want to be here, likely the easiest thing to do would be to log out and just leave. I would imagine that admin could inactivate your username, but they don't get recycled anywhere in any websites I've ever seen. As for posts, once you "publish" something on the web, it's pretty much exactly like saying it out loud in public with witnesses from a legal standpoint. It doesn't just go away whether you want it to or not. You can't magically suck the words back in.