PDA

View Full Version : Moderated Posts on WB?

rickb
08-25-2005, 07:24
Yesterday AM I tried to make my first post in the PETA thread, and a screen came up saying that the post was being moderated before being put up.

What's up with that?

Something I said? :-?

SGT Rock
08-25-2005, 07:49
Really? Did your post still show up on the thread?

rickb
08-25-2005, 08:36
Just tried it again.

I posted several times yesterday, then again today.

The screen that pops up (briefly) says that the administrator has elected to monitor all posts in this thread. I am then redirected back to the forum.

There can only be one answer-- The meat cartel has taken over WB without you knowing it. What I am thinking is that there is a super computer out there which detected my reference to F A C T O R Y farming, and now wants to shut me up. Good thing I am using this guy Rick B's name in all my posts instead of my real one.

Paul D, Oshkash, WI

rickb
08-25-2005, 08:42
Clarification: I attempted to post yesterday and today, but nothing showed up in the thread (recent PETA thread).

Frosty
08-25-2005, 09:07
There can only be one answer-- The meat cartel has taken over WB Mmmmmm....meat

Jaybird
08-25-2005, 09:19
Rick B (or whatever NEW username you'll be using)

watch out....the MEAT cartel is in cahoots with the oil industry!

We're in BIG trouble...

So, what did u say/post to make this happen?

Cannibalism on other WB members?
hehehehhehehehe!:D

digger51
08-25-2005, 09:23
Thanks for the reminder to jump into my gas guzzler and over to western sizzler steak house for dinner today.

Sly
08-25-2005, 09:58

So, what did u say/post to make this happen?

I don't know what Rick said but I said nothing out of the ordinary on several non-AT forums and none of them are being posted.

MOWGLI
08-25-2005, 10:55
Clarification: I attempted to post yesterday and today, but nothing showed up in the thread (recent PETA thread).

Could it be that you have the human strain of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy - also known as Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease - and are having delusions about posting and moderators?

Are you a big fan of tripe?

Just Jeff
08-25-2005, 10:57
Don't worry...the sports jugglers will take care of the "other guys". Just look away.

Dances with Mice
08-25-2005, 11:08
Don't worry...the sports jugglers will take care of the "other guys". Just look away.Do you believe me NOW? What more does it take?!

Sly
08-25-2005, 11:12
and are having delusions about posting and moderators?

It's obvious you're still able to post. You try get censored and see how it feels. Not very good, I assure you.

Plus, it makes it look like Jack won the discussion. :datz

Dances with Mice
08-25-2005, 11:15
Don't worry...the sports jugglers will take care of the "other guys". They've already started to take over swimming meets. I'm telling you no place is safe. But nobody ever listens... http://www.albapasser.de/photos/show.php?mode=single&id=pt19fri&which=11&showcom=true

The Old Fhart
08-25-2005, 11:18
You try get censored and see how it feels. Not very good, I assure you.
Plus, it makes it look like Jack won the discussion.Geez, Sly, I can't imagine anyone wanting to censor your posts. And besides, most of them make me smile, like your last comment!

Footslogger
08-25-2005, 11:19
Sometimes anonymity is bliss ...

'Slogger

Just Jeff
08-25-2005, 11:27
They've already started to take over swimming meets. I'm telling you no place is safe. But nobody ever listens... http://www.albapasser.de/photos/show.php?mode=single&id=pt19fri&which=11&showcom=true
This post should have been moderated.

Or at least come with a disclaimer:
Caution. Clicking this link will show you European men in Speedos (Speedeaus?) with pointy...ahem...nevermind. Just look away.

Sly
08-25-2005, 11:46
Geez, Sly, I can't imagine anyone wanting to censor your posts. And besides, most of them make me smile, like your last comment!

Thanks Old Fhart. Answering the same old thru-hiking questions time after time gets boring. Yakking with Jack, listening to him pontificate and debunking his "facts" is somewhat stimulating! ;)

attroll
08-25-2005, 11:53
I found the probelm. I am looking into it now.

Sly
08-25-2005, 11:58
Thanks. Here's what it says in a pop up window after hitting the send button...

Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post. If the administrator has selected to moderate all posts in this forum, you will be taken back to the forum and your post will be displayed presently. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

The problem is the post(s) never show up

attroll
08-25-2005, 12:01
Like I said I found the issue. It seems that when Rock created the new group that the forums permissions did not get set up correctly for those that joined the new group. They should be fine noe.

Sly
08-25-2005, 12:03
Thanks Troll.

Alligator
08-25-2005, 12:22
Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post. If the administrator has selected to moderate all posts in this forum, you will be taken back to the forum and your post will be displayed presently. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=121457&postcount=21

rhjanes
08-25-2005, 12:32
OH!!! I know what is going on (I think).

I'm a super-moderator at a drum forum.

Someone/how, your ID has been flagged to be moderated. They are queing up!!! The moderator of the forum, has to then logon and either accept (which will post your posting in the forum, at the correct thread and time it was originally posted), or deny them (they are purged). They can do this all at once, or post by post. It is handy with "trouble" makers.

You mentioned a server crash. That is exactly when this started to happen on the drum forum. Some folks were placed into the "que" for some reason. It to a ADMIN to remove them from the que. In the mean time, I (As moderator) was loggin in a few times a day and "realeasing" the post.

The admins need alerted. :-?
<!-- / message -->

Sly
08-25-2005, 14:56
Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post.
b]Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.[/b]
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=121457&postcount=21

Thanks Alligator, but I think I'm back in the good graces of the website gremlin. :)

SGT Rock
08-25-2005, 19:00
Thanks Alligator, but I think I'm back in the good graces of the website gremlin. :)
Looks like I screwed up. I just did 50 push ups. Sorry y'all. :datz

Sly
08-26-2005, 00:39

No problem SGT. I'm just glad it wasn't anything I or anyone else said.

SGT Rock
08-26-2005, 00:52
No problem SGT. I'm just glad it wasn't anything I or anyone else said.Heck Sly, if you or anyone else was that screwed up, ATTroll or I would have sent you a warning of some sort. We don't play "Got Ya Games" here.

Sly
08-26-2005, 01:53
Heck Sly, if you or anyone else was that screwed up, ATTroll or I would have sent you a warning of some sort. We don't play "Got Ya Games" here.

Understood. Thanks again. :)

Nightwalker
08-27-2005, 00:42
Only 50? You must be gettin' OLD!

:D

justusryans
08-27-2005, 08:15
Comeon Sarge, I do 50 chin-ups a day just for fun. Do them with me... 1- 2 - 3 wait, time for a beer ok, 48-49-50! alright! wasn't that easy:bse

digger51
08-27-2005, 17:54
Just 50 pushups? Come on now Rock, that should be just a warm up for you. Unless you had your pack on at the time.

SGT Rock
08-27-2005, 21:41
No pack, just body armor and battle rattle.