PDA

View Full Version : Ever notice that. . .

kunzman
12-04-2013, 22:49
practically all YouTube gear reviews start out with: "Okay everybody, today. . ." ?

Franco
12-05-2013, 00:20
I start with "hm, something something (can't understand) hm something ..."

Sarcasm the elf
12-05-2013, 11:38
practically all YouTube gear reviews start out with: "Okay everybody, today. . ." ?

What i don't get is why so many youtube gear reviews are done by people who have no experience with the gear. It seems like every other youtube review starts off with something like: " Well Fedex dropped off this new backpack today and i just took it out of the box, here's what I do and don't like about it."

Just take the dang thing hiking for a few days and then tell me what you think of it.:-?

Tuckahoe
12-05-2013, 11:48
Or that most of the backpacking gear reviews are from preppers and bushcrafters... Youtube thinks I am a prepper now and I am sure I am on another government list somewhere.

Mags
12-05-2013, 13:37
Just take the dang thing hiking for a few days and then tell me what you think of it.:-?

Yeah, never did understand talking about the packaging rather than real world use.

It would be like reviewing a movie by talking about the conditions of the concession stand in the theater. :)

jeffmeh
12-05-2013, 14:36
What i don't get is why so many youtube gear reviews are done by people who have no experience with the gear. It seems like every other youtube review starts off with something like: " Well Fedex dropped off this new backpack today and i just took it out of the box, here's what I do and don't like about it."

Very good point. Taking it further, given that durability and consistent performance over use are pretty prominent criteria, it really takes quite more than a few days to realistically comment on that. :)

Bronk
12-06-2013, 14:23
practically all YouTube gear reviews start out with: "Okay everybody, today. . ." ? It sets you up to believe (1) that the person in the video is talking to their already massive audience (2) that the person knows what they are talking about.

Altarboy
12-06-2013, 22:05
It's not just backpacking, but ham stuff, gun stuff, tools. My favorite backpacking vids usually begin with "Hello everybody Shug here".