PDA

View Full Version : Samgung galaxy note 2

fireemt
12-05-2013, 13:09
I will be doing a 2014 thru hike on the AT. Does anyone know anything about this device

thank you

alexandra
12-05-2013, 13:12
I have this phone and also plan on doing a thru in 2014? What do you need to know? I love the phone, may be "heavier" for some back packers who are severely gram conscious. Batter performance is OK, I would say the same if not better than my old iPhone 5. A plus is you can buy spare batteries if need be. Phone also charges very quickly. Would be a great phone if you plan o blogging while on the trail, as it has great handwriting recognizability.

alexandra
12-05-2013, 13:13
I have this phone and also plan on doing a thru in 2014? What do you need to know? I love the phone, may be "heavier" for some back packers who are severely gram conscious. Batter performance is OK, I would say the same if not better than my old iPhone 5. A plus is you can buy spare batteries if need be. Phone also charges very quickly. Would be a great phone if you plan o blogging while on the trail, as it has great handwriting recognizability.

disregard the question mark in the first sentence lol

Sly
12-05-2013, 15:10
as it has great handwriting recognizability.

Does that record handwriting or turn handwriting into type to upload to blogs etc.?

kayak karl
12-05-2013, 15:52
Does that record handwriting or turn handwriting into type to upload to blogs etc.? does both if you mean voice-to-text. it still has trouble reading my handwriting, but it's learning.

ChuckT
12-05-2013, 16:13
I invested in a Note 3 and 2 xtra batteries. I plan on using it down to a nub.

cvt

Gonecampn
12-05-2013, 17:03
I have the note ll. Battery last forever, plus I have a few spares. I have the Kindle app and read at night while on the trail. Its like a mini computer. I don't think that you'll be disappointed.

R1ma
12-12-2013, 12:18
My wife's got a Note 1. Loves the thing, battery life is good too. I'd imagine the 2 or 3 is better in every facet ;)